Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aircraft lost in Montana, please help!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingBuckI

It hasn't hit the news that I know of, but a close family friend of mine went missing last night. The aircraft is a Cessna Conquest I owned by Tech II Corp out of Springfield, OH. The pilot's name is Gerry Shiffer.

From what I know he left Urbana, OH on his way to Bozeman, MT to get some early skiing in @ Big Sky. He was in contact with ATC around 5pm or so as they cleared him for the approach (or for landing, I'm not sure of that yet), but he never made it down. Apparenly it was snowing pretty bad. They own a time share up there so he's flown the approach many times, but the weather there isn't always the greatest to fly in.

They haven't found the A/C yet, so I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything. I don't want to speculate, so please let me know if you have any info...

Regis#: 701QR Make/Model: C425 Description: 425 Corsair, Conquest 1
Date: 11/30/2005 Time: 0040

ACFT WAS CLEARED BY ZLC FOR PROCEDURE TURN TO HOLDING PATTERN. PILOT READ BACK CORRECTLY BUT DID NOT REPORT BACK. ACFT IS REPORTED MISSING AND GROUND SEARCH AND RESCUE IS IN PROGRESS AT LAST KNOWN POSITION. PRESUMED ACCIDENT, SAR IN PROGRESS. VICNITIY BOZEMAN, MT

Hope he made it out ok, I will say a prayer for his safety.

found

The a/c was found around noon today and reported as fatal.

His son taught me how to fly, and his family has been very close to my own for many years. Please pray for him and his family.

Very sorry to hear it's ended in bad news. Please send my prayers and condolences to the family, and for yourself as well. That is a rough part of the country to fly in sometimes this time of year, or so I've heard.

Our condolenses as well to the the family and you. It's always terrible to hear something like this happen to someone we know. Our prayers are with the family.

Latest resources

Back