aircraft cleaning at FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetwash

Does anyone know which brain dead management type decided that the interiors can only be cleaned every 20 days and the exterior washed every 30 days and brightwork done every 45 days?

I am sure that guy got a big bonus for saving the company lots of money on cleaning.
I know a lot of guys complained but I hear the "TrailerPark" look is coming back in style.

jetwash said:
Does anyone know which brain dead management type decided that the interiors can only be cleaned every 20 days and the exterior washed every 30 days and brightwork done every 45 days?

I am sure that guy got a big bonus for saving the company lots of money on cleaning.
I know a lot of guys complained but I hear the "TrailerPark" look is coming back in style.

All they care about is saving money. Yet they keep hiring these so called "VP's". Just what we need is another VP from some defunk airline. That will help us be profitable. Just look at the airlines. We never were and never will be an airline. So let's stop trying to run it like one.

jetwash said:

Is this a new policy? I haven't ever heard this before. I get it cleaned when it needs it...haven't had 'em say no yet.

It happened to me once. They told me that the aircraft just had an interior cleaning 10 days ago and I would have to wait another 10 days befor they could authorize it.They told me to contact the PM if I had questions. I sent an email and said the ac looked like **** and it needed to be cleaned. The PM just approved it without any questions.
I was just told that policy is again under review.

Latest resources

Back