Airbus getting a wee bit nervous?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Metro752 said:
They sank it while it was in port, doing nothing wrong. The French in this case were terrorists, and their special agents got off scott free for the most part.

I see from your promotion of francesucks.com, (which I am gonna check out right after I post this) we have the same opinion about France. But man I gotta admit, I think I hate them hippy Greenpeace folk just a wee bit more, too bad the boat didnt sink with the Frenchmen still on it!

Purpledog said:
The rest of the world hates us.

If you (and others) weren't so f*ng arrogant may the rest of the world would've liked you.

Purpledog said:
Just like the IOC (Euro run) dropped baseball & softball from the Olympics.

Well the vast majority of the "rest of the world" don't play baseball and softball.

Purpledog said:
It's a shame since we give more foreign aid away every year than the combined GDP of the EU.

That's wrong. Check the facts before you post wrongful information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledog
It's a shame since we give more foreign aid away every year than the combined GDP of the EU.

That's wrong. Check the facts before you post wrongful information.
An angered exaggeration on my part. However, chew on this "Official" chart. This is government money also. Experts say that private Americans give double what the government spends! We are the most generous people on Earth and we get sh*t on for it!
Net ODA in 2004 as US dollar amounts (milllions)Country Aid amount by dollars.

USA 18,999
Japan 8,859
France 8,875
UK 7,836
Germany 7,497
Neth 4,295
Sweden 2,704
Canada 2,507
Italy 2,484
Norway 2,200

Not to mention we bailed Europe out of disaster three times in the last 100 years (WWI, WWII, Cold War).

Last edited:
Well the vast majority of the "rest of the world" don't play baseball and softball.
But they play badminton, artistic gymnastics (ribbon twirling), and syncronized swimming. The ancient Greeks are probably rolling over in their grave.

Purpledog said:
The WTO is going to screw Boeing. The rest of the world hates us. Just like the IOC (Euro run) dropped baseball & softball from the Olympics. Good thing they retained syncro swimming, ribbon twirling and those other BS "sports". It's a shame since we give more foreign aid away every year than the combined GDP of the EU. We should keep our mula and F the rest. See how they like that. Sorry for the rant.

Who cares if the IOC dropped baseball......the US team didn't even qualify for the last games.

dash8driver said:
they basically killed some greenpeace people that were in a boat to protest france's nuclear testing in the south pacific islands. they went all out and used commando style tactics to pull it off. i guess this was the only way france could win a fight. ;)

do a google search on the words "france", "greenpeace" and "rainbow warrior".

Yea it was in New Zealand...I lived there for 6 years and the Kiwis are the biggest haters of the French by far compared to any country.

Latest resources

Back