• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airbus Admits Problem on 320!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To continue with the thread hijacking...

I would imagine that just about any aircraft with hydraulic-powered flight controls would have some means of reducing surface travel as airspeed increases.

However, I did read somewhere (Flying magazine maybe?) an article discussing the rudder on the A-300 and the American accident in New York. I didn't really understand what I read because it sounded so backwards to me, but that article seemed to imply that the hydraulic systems powering the rudder actually get MORE sensitive as airspeed increases. A lighter feel at the pedal and less pedal travel to achieve a given surface deflection. Sounds completely backwards, so I could have read it wrong. Anybody with more knowledge care to comment?

The feds should ground every A320 and get to the bottom of all of the nose gear and flap problems before innocent people are killed.

yaks said:
No surprises here. Airbus also hid the A300 rudder problems for 2+ years until AA 587 crashed and they are still denying any culpability.

They still blame their "HAL 9000" flight control issues on the pilots instead of the programmers as well.

Buckaroo said:
The feds should ground every A320 and get to the bottom of all of the nose gear and flap problems before innocent people are killed.

So now there is a FLAP problem? Which news media do you work for???

Latest resources

Back