Airborne Express & DHL Jumpseat Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DHL J/S

AT DHL, you are more than welcome to jumpseat as long as you are not in the cockpit...that only leaves the Airbus A-300 for jumpseating. The 727, and the DC-8 both have the jumpseast inside the cockpit and nothing in the back.

dhl jumpseats

We have had our jumpseats in the Airbus 300 open since about 3 months after Sept 11, 2001. There are 4 jumpseats available for off-line pilots outside of the cockpit door. We have flights that leave Cincinnati daily for Los Angeles, JFK, San Juan..somedays to DFW, Miami, and transcons that leave JFK direct to San Francisco...another flight that leaves San Francisco for Los Angeles, and then onto...JFk. We have been carrying some Jet Blue guys, etc.
Alpa is working on getting offline jumpseating approved for the 727's and DC-8's.

ABEX I still believe have no seats open.

All the aircraft have there jumpseats up front.

Thanks to all who replied, anyone else able to confirm the current status of the Airborne Express (ABX) jumpseat and if it is NOT available, are they attempting to get it back?

Kitty Hawk Aircargo Jumpseat

Kitty Hawk's jumpseat has been open for the last year. They only fly 727's but they all have seats outside of the cockpit (the FA bench seat). This means that up to two off line pilots can be carried. Flights are run through the Fort Wayne hub 5 nights a week. Layover time during the sort can range from one hour to three hours. Flights run on time. The following airports are served: MIA, CLT BWI PHI EWR BOS ATL MSP MCI DEN DFW IAH BNA PHX ONT LAX SEA PDX. the Hub is new with bunk rooms and a cafe. Call Kitty Hawk at least two hours before departure to list yoursef....you can call the day before if you like, Dress warm as it can get cold on the bench seat. If you have any questions please post them here.

All of our seats are on the flightdeck which precludes any offline riders. Our Jumpseat Coordinator is actively trying to reopen the cockpit (as are all the other pilot groups), but the TSA and FAA have really got his tied up for now. I think the best hope is for a universal SIDA access ID such as ALPA has advocated for many years.

AbxAviator, Thanks for the clarification on the Airborne jumpseat, I was also wondering if the Freight Volume has picked up at the hub in Wilmington? I understand you still have several on furlough.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back