Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Piedmonster

F U A L
Wisky's future looks bright, we have 8 more airplanes on order, financing for 20 more and options for 75 more after that. They are also looking for newer replacements for the older Bae 146's............. AVRO's have been talked about. I can't imagine the Airtran side not growing more. Also they are talking about codeshares with other airlines. Seems to be a 1st class operation. Happy holidays everyone and I wish Johnny Orenstein a crappy new year :D

....Sorry, meant to post this under Air Wisconsin under regionals

Last edited:
I hope you are right. When interviewing with Kristi, I was led to believe that growth is going to slow after these last 10 RJs come on property. She said things are obviuosly subject to change but that there were no plans to bring on any more jets any time soon. Anyone heard differently?

Also, are there any rumors about what might happen in IAD? Now that United and Mesa may not be operating under their former agreement, what does that do for AirWhiskey in IAD? Just curious. Happy new year, all.

Mongo

The information you got from Kristi sounds pretty accurate. We'll be done adding aircraft to the line by the end of March. No plans for more aircraft after that. We do have financing for 20 more aircraft, but as of yet, no one wants us to use them. Sooo... that's a carrot the company likes to bring up as it seems to be the only thing going for us. If an order were signed TODAY for us to get some or all of those planes, it'll take 6 months for the first one to show up on property.

Moral is at a low that I hear senior guys say they haven't seen in 10 years. Pay cuts and apparently little leadership for growth followed by absolutely NO information from the folks at HQ have caused many to flee. My understanding is that training plans on attrition of about 5 a month for 2004. I can only hope they're mostly senior to me.

Any word on IAD is pure rumor. This time last year we were wondering when the LAX base would open.

S.

united express ERJ?

seen a few erjs in united colors around the northeast popping up, i know air wisc. is taking over a lot of stuff up here but who is flying the embraers for them?? surprised me at first, just used to seeing the crj in those colors...

I know that if we did get those extra 20 planes that the big three wanted to resist signing them with UAL. However, with the Mesa bid pooping out it could produce an offer they cannot refuse in IAD. I just wish they would get in to the 70 seat market. I know that they have been resistent to the idea until they could get enough orders to make it cost effective, yet Opprotunities are passing us by.

Either way we still have a lot of things to be happy about. We are growing, UAL seems to be getting healthyier, min of 175 to be hired in 04. all good things...

Re: united express ERJ?

NHaviator said:
seen a few erjs in united colors around the northeast popping up, i know air wisc. is taking over a lot of stuff up here but who is flying the embraers for them?? surprised me at first, just used to seeing the crj in those colors...

Trans States is operating the UAX EMBs. I *think* their initial agreement was for 10 airplanes, and maybe they'll get a few more now that Mesa dropped their ego-fueled hostile takeover of ACA.

http://www.tsalounge.com

Last edited:
J 41's going to TSA

Anyone know if there's been any talk of ACA's J41's going to TSA to operate IAD routes after they go independant??? Seems logical seeing as they already have the fleet type and ACA has already said they want to dump them. AD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back