Air Wisky Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Birdie

Hi all. Just got the call from Kristi for an interview. Any information about what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just curious, how did you land an interview with 1400 hours? Do you have a lot of multi or 121 time or did you work at Air Willie previously? I'm not knocking you, I'm just wondering since the mins are 1500/500. Good for you!

I used "Checklist for Success" by Sheryl Cage. It prepares you for any interview and is all about the total package you present, not just answering canned questions. It helps you think through how to answer any question and those questions they might suprise you with.

As far as AWAC goes I don't know the latest gouge but they want to see if you are someone who can get along with the pilot group at AWAC. They pretty much assume you can fly if you have the experience to get the interview. (although if they are hiring low timers now that may change somewhat). Not many technical questions, mostly human resource type stuff about leadership, goals, relating to coworkers etc. They probably still have some kind of written test which is combination Instrument stuff and general knowledge. You would have to find somone who has been through more recent for an accurate description. They also put you through a short simulator test profile which isn't too difficult if you pay attention. They give you all the info you need about that. You can also pay the guy who does the simulator to practice as well (if they use the same one) In ATW it was a guy name Dell and his company is Destinationsim or something like that. He has a website I believe.

I guess I have what you would call alot of multi time (830). I'm sure it didn't hurt that a friend of mine from college is a captain with them and emailed my resume to Kristi, along with a rec. letter.

As far as what I've heard about the interview, sounds pretty much like the last post. A written test that takes no more than 15 minutes, a sim ride with Dell Cross, then back for two interviews, one with employee relations and one with the flight department. I've already called Dell and set up a training session. From what I've read, it sounds like it's at his house and I hear they are very cordial towards you. Someone said that they offer you something to eat while you are waiting to go back for the interviews, and to eat because you won't get a chance otherwise.

This is my first REAL interview and I'm more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Latest resources

Back