Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drill Sgt. Dad.
You claim it is so bad at Air Wisconsin, just leave for God's sake. You come on here, and post only negative about this place, and yet, it must not be that bad because you put up with it. Do you honestly think that Air Wisconsin is the only place that you would deal with the BS that you mention? I am willing to bet that other airlines, both bigger, and smaller deal with the exact things you mention, and yet have worse work rules on top of that.

To the OP. While I disagree with Drill Sgt Dad constantly raking AWAC through the coals, he does bring up the point about the future past 2015. Also, if you do get on here, look for a bitter and long contract negotiation coming up in the near future. You can expect to be on reserve for quite a while as there seems to be little movement, however, the contract is a good one, and if you take the time to learn it, you will be able to stand your ground with a lot of the above mentioned unpleasantries. Pay is decent for a regional, you get a yearly uniform allowance, decent 401K match, headset allowance, and the joy of flying in and out of PHL on a regular basis (a little sarcasm). I wish you luck.

2009 has been a busy year through a large amount of issue forms and grievances for Air Cheese.

2009 Statistics

Number of Issue Forms filed: 150 (up from 87 in 2008)

Grievances filed: 9 (1 less than in 2008)

Cases pending as pre-grievances: 25

Current open 2009 Grievances awaiting settlement or arbitration: 5 (and the wage adjustment case is ongoing from 2008). The 2009 open cases include 2 discharges, 1 case pertaining to whether the monthly guarantee can be reduced when a pilot calls in fatigued, and 1 case pertaining to the application of the trip guarantee.

Arbitrations held in 2009: 1 discharge and the wage adjustment case.

Section 19 hearings/investigations: 23

yep a wonderful place in deed.

This place is not perfect. The pay is good for a regional ( I made about 50k as a senior FO on 5th year pay) but management can be an issue. Just fly the contract and have a good attitude and this place can be a lot of fun. If you have a crap attitude from the start and you are lucky enough to make it through probation and training, then you will hate it here. Like DSD, I am outty at the first opportunity to move up the latter, but that is only because I do not have a ton of faith in the future of this company.

DSD: Tone it down a bit dude, you will give your self a heart attack. This place is not THAT bad.... Our airplanes are filthy... uh huh... so are most of the regionals at airways. I commute on republic a lot and those old mid atlantic 170s are filthy. We cannot handle irrops? I don't understand. There were times when we absolutely could not, but they have improved. All those cancellations on the board during storms in PHL come straight from US Air saying "cancel a crap load of flight cause we are taking the slots anyways". The only time I saw this place implode was during the valentines day storm a couple years ago, and we were not the only one. (Jetblue fiasco anyone?)

I really liked my time at AWAC. I was there for 4 and a half years. Was there bad times? You bet. I ultimately left because of the commute to PHL and the poor quality of life it brought along with it. But the crews are great. The work rules are not bad unless your on reserve. FO pay isn't too bad either once you get off first year pay. If your looking for a place to weather the storm its not a bad stop. I just don't think that AWAC has a desire to continue being around. They complain about the pilots making too much but they are far from the highest paid 50 seat operaters in the country. Thier problem is they are an old company with a lot of senior people. Not just in the flight crews, but everywhere. ATW has lots of people in the building that have been with the company since the 70's. They are too small to be competitive in the open 70-100 seat market these days.

Good luck in finding a home.

DD

DSD: Tone it down a bit dude, you will give your self a heart attack. This place is not THAT bad.... Our airplanes are filthy... uh huh... so are most of the regionals at airways. I commute on republic a lot and those old mid atlantic 170s are filthy. (Jetblue fiasco anyone?)

And have you ever ridin' in a Piedmont Airlines Dash 8? Rockin' in the mid's 80s baby!

And have you ever ridin' in a Piedmont Airlines Dash 8? Rockin' in the mid's 80s baby!

I often commute to another city only served by Piedmont... the interiors might not be desirable, but the crews are fantastic. I have always enjoyed riding with you guys.

For those who work at Air Wisconsin. Is it disqualifying not to have finished a 121 training, even if after that, went to another airline, passed the training and checkride first try.
Thank you

Latest resources

Back