• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If living expenses matter to you (I'm sure they do), PHL is cheaper than DC. I dont know about Norfolk, VA, but I don't think it is as expensive as DC.
You can change domiciles based on whatever has the first available upgrade but it seems the most junior base for upgrade is somewhat unpredictable - one base may have a dozen upgrades one month, and the next month only the other domiciles have upgrade vacancies.

One more thing...I'm a little confussed with the upgrades being diffrent at diffrent bases...If i took a diffrent base i can upgrade faster? Everyone isn't on the same seniority list?

I am open to moving wherever...I would probably prefer a nicer place to live...maybe a little warmer...but if i am going to sit there and rot while waiting for an upgrade then i would rather live somewhere else.

You bid for upgrade day one of class. You will put your "wish list", and at the top will be PHL CA, DCA CA, ORF CA. As long as you have those slots ontop of your current slot, and your seniority will allow it, you are awarded CA. Clear as mud?

Oh and you wont be "rotting" while "waiting" for an upgrade, if you only have 600 hours. You will be learning how to be a 121 CA.

How have the PHL lines looked for BOS overnights. Are there many of them and what are the overnight lengths?

any news on the arbitration?????

Last meeting of the remedy phase has been completed. They tell us 30-60 days for both sides to provide legal briefs on how much to pay, and then 90 days for the arbitrator to render a decision. So I guess we can ask again in 5 more months.

Last meeting of the remedy phase has been completed. They tell us 30-60 days for both sides to provide legal briefs on how much to pay, and then 90 days for the arbitrator to render a decision. So I guess we can ask again in 5 more months.

Five months? That's optimistic.

Upgrade time is fluent, I expect it to drop to about 2.5 years by beginning of next year. VERY VERY strong rumors of a LGA base opening up... as a new hire you MIGHT have to deal with that. PHL has daily BOS overnights, weekdays usually 15 hours staged, weekends 28 hours. We stay at the doubletree near UMASS. Hired today I would guess you could hold a line rather quickly. Upgrades of 10-15 a month indefinatly, to keep up with attrition. Attrition dropped off in July, but it seems picked up again in August. Not a bad place to work if you live in domicile or on the east coast... if you got hired today I would expect a 2-4 year upgrade. Before you'all jump on me about the 2 part, with all the majors hiring and all the pissed off guys out there, you all know attrition will continue. I should upgrade around January time fram... as soon as I get my 1000 and a job offer I am out as I am sure all you are too. 80%+ of the captains that I fly with are looking to get out, and so am I. Not a bad place, but no longer a career place.

If I would have stayed I would have upgraded just over 3 years. The guys in the class ahead of me upgraded at about 2.5.

LGA domicile won't happen until the FAA get their pissing match over RJs and "average seats per departure" figure sorted out. Opening a base and then having to close it (their fear about RDU) would cost buku bucks.

Besides I kinda like turning through LGA...as long as its before about noon and Dunkin Donuts has fresh coffee!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back