Air Wisconsin. . . & United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

proplag

Hope someone can answer a few questions for me.

We all know that Air Whiskey is a great airline to work for. I'm hoping to interview/work there one day. However, I've heard rumors that United owns all or most of AirWisconsin's aircraft. Is this true? If it is true, could mean trouble for AirWis if United goes out of business? I would really like to know how the whole United deal stacks up in the "Big Picture". That is, Air Wisconsin is a United Express carrier. How does the United downsizing affect Air Wisconsin? Will you be flying less or more? If United does own your aircraft what plans does AirWis have to replace those aircraft. Hope some of you at Air Wis can shed some light on this for me. Fly safe.

I hope for nothing but the best for Air Wis. Thanks.

Air Wisconsin pays the leases on its aircraft and as far we know United is not into spending its cash on RJ's (not much to spend). The UAL pilots would throw a fit if that happened. Unfortunately, for United, the future of AWAC is probably growth from its demise. The less profitable runs will most likely go to RJ's flying with the UEX carriers. The mood is very positive at AWAC for the future. Also, we have the AirTran thing going for us. PS-United does not own AWAC either.

Latest resources

Back