• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetsnake

Black Pearl Captain
Just got off the phone with one of our HR
people in Appleton this morning, they are
going to start interviewing again for pilot
position's starting next month, sounds like
the first class could start as early as October.
This is positive news in regards that all 39
of our furloughed pilots will be back by then.

For those that were in the hiring pool, HR informed
me that they were attempting to get a hold
of everyone, if you were in that pool you should
at least attempt to give then a call regarding
your current situation, you'll have to go through
a new security background check and a informal
interview and will be given preference if you were
in the pool. 800-AIR-WISC.

For those interested in applying you can now do so
on line or by sending in your resume. I would suggest
all 3, fax, on line, and snail mail...

http://www.airwis.com/employment.htm

Good luck gentlemen, opp's, ladies too!

Jetsnake

AIr Whiskey Hiring

Hey Guys,

Just got back from Osh Kosh and want to confirm what Jetsnake posted.

Whiskey had a booth at the show staffed with a few people. I was able to speak to a check airman and said that Sept. or Oct. was a target date for a new hire class. He seemed pretty informed about what was going on regarding the hiring end of things. His advice was get your stuff in and keep updating. I believe he told me they are or are planning on receiving 2 Crjs a month and they are going to need guys for them.

This could all be 2nd hand info but he seemed pretty up on the staffing side of the house.

Post if you have any specifics. I spoke to him for about an hour and needless to say, the Whiskey booth was a popular one. Lots of us wannabes waiting for a nugget of info.

Bill

I am #7 on furlough from Air Whiskey. I start ground school Monday. First interviews are scheduled for Aug. 3rd. There have not been any definite announcements on recalls for all 39 furloughees. The training department said they can train about 20 pilots a month right now. That obviously will have to be increased to accomodate the deliveries. You will most likely be given the CRJ in ground school should you be hired. 91, 135, and 121 pilots have all been hired...the majority are current 121 pilots though. Spin to win... back to studying.

EDIT: My fault, I had my blinders on and was only thinking of the furloughed guys when I said 20 a month (all Doinker pilots).

Last edited:
Just a minor correction, they can train about 20 a month in the Doinker. They are training additional pilots in the CRJ and 146 as well...but not furloughed folks in those aircraft.

Glad to hear you'll be back soon AWACoff

RR

All the while UAL is considering additional furloughs.......

Yeah, and those pilots should take it up with their managment. We've been told of new routes recently and none of them were old United flying. We're developing markets for mainline to take over when the loads increase.

We have a pretty good deal going on here and it's a good time to get on board!

S.

That is the intent of the RJ's as far as I'm concerned, feed, and route development, but management will take it further if allowed.

I just added my online application to the rest, later I'll fax and mail the hard copies. Any day now I won't be able to help myself and I'll be calling to bug the HR folks!
Thanks for the heads up on Air Wisconsin's hiring, Jetsnake.

Latest resources

Back