• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin pilot pool letter/January hiring class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I recently had an interview with Air Wisconsin. Recieved a letter about a week and a half later that told me I was placed in a pilot pool and would be notified as soon as they finalized the class date and size. From what ive heard class should be sometime around January. I was wondering if anyone else has been recently placed in the pool or if anyone knows any other info on there hiring, whats goin on with the midwest exp. RFP, etc?

I too am curious whats going on at Air Wis. I put my stuff in about 3 months ago and haven't heard anything. I'm a former 121 guy who has been out of it for about 1.5 years. How long did you wait for the initial interview call orangeskysurfer?

currently it seems that Air Wisconsin is only hiring on a personal recomendation status. Chances are that they would change that if they ended up getting the midwest flying.

I put my stuf into AWAC Late october and have an interview in December, I do remember a former thread talking about hiring slowing down a lot before the end of the year but picking back up after the holidays for attrition. I did have someone walk in my stuff, but I know another person who was the same as I, but didn't get called for an interview even though his stuff was walked in so I don't know what the critieria they are looking for.

Hiring will likely pick up when Midwest announces a decision either way. Without the flying, attrition will pick up--and with the flying we obviously will need more pilots. The pilot group is primarily commuters and the east coast domiciles are not what those of us in the midwest and Colorado signed up for originally. Therefore, without any changes, many of the pilots are likely to move to a carrier or career where they can have the quality of life only a non-commuter can enjoy. Any more questions--I'd be glad to help. I know I'll have a lot for others if I'm lucky enough to move on to Southwest..

My experience with the interview went like this..

Followed the application process as directed on the website at www.airwis.com
Waited about a month with no response..
Faxed my resume in and updated it through email. Called the secretary to make sure my fax went through and got redirected a bunch of times with no success..
Waited another couple weeks with no response..
Called a friend on the inside to walk my resume in with a letter of recommendaton.. Got the initial call within that day
Sarah was very direct and proffesioal over the phone(no barrage of "do you have any questions after every sentence or suddenly switched to speaker phone for a conference call with mngmt folk like ive gotten in the past from other regionals) She just wanted to know the normal HR stuff: how much have you flown in the past 6 months, have you ever been violated/not completed 121 training once started, how many hours do you have, etc.. asked when id like to come in for an interview. Cant wait to start! Point inferred YOU NEED A PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION!!

For all us FNG's at Air Whiskey as well as the senior guys!!
Heres hoping the Midwest RFP comes our way!!

Get the bilge pumps on! If she gets any fatter, were never gettin off!

I have to agree. If we get the Midwest flying, we will need more pilots. And if we don't attrition will pick up. Things usually slow down this time of year.
For those who haven't gotten the call, be persistent. The squeaky wheel will eventually get greased. I remember last year, facing furlough and no prospects, I was current and qualified in the CRJ, and still had to keep faxing resumes and updates until they finally called me.

Latest resources

Back