Air Wisconsin out of Denver

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DirkkDiggler

will be out tthis summer. RJ's all gone this summer and onlyuy a few 146's left to fly the mmountain stuff. maintenance has been told they will be laid off unless they move to Chicagoo. We'll see what happens

Yow,
That's big... Could this be true? I guess the big purple blob will grow much bigger here...

Works for me...

So who will fly out of each base? Mesa and Skywest out of DEN, Airwhisky and Republic(?) out of ORD and IAD, Skywest and Mesa out of LAX and SFO..... Is that correct? Where will the Shuttle America Saabs be flying out of? IAD? So confusing......

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

I assume the poster is just making a educated guess from our chief pilots projection of us running around 20 flights a day out of DEN towards the end of the year (BAC's in and out of the moutains). No CRJ's in DEN??? I'd doubt it. We have CRJ crews there........they will at least keep routes to be able to funnel them out of DEN to IAD/ORD for their 4 days of fun and then eventually back to DEN. They are going to have plenty of displacing to do here in a bit with ATL/IAD...............but then again, who knows? AD

Last edited:
Straight from maintenance. I won't believe it 100% until it is in an official memo to the pilots but maintanence has already been told due to contract requirements. It's in their contract that they have to be told about layoff or displacements so many days in advance and since they are getting rid of all but a few maint. people in Denver and all the maint. people in the springs, they were told about the closings yesterday. No more RJ crews based in Denver, and only a few 146's. This is going to happen in the next two months. Apparently we opened a maint base in ORD and all the maint. people from DEN are being given the option to relocate if they desire. Sounds like United is moving some aircraft to replace ACA if you ask me. Hopefully this is not a permanent move! Condolences to those based in Denver!

Dont worry, with mesa screwing up things in DEN ie.. crews not showing up, flt atts fighting who's going to put away the soda pop and snacks, broken planes, and the best one of all, those white piece of $HIT plane that they take down to PHX when one breaks there, and then cancel the flight in DEN. AWAC will be a perment fixture in DEN.

AirWis will have 20 departures in DEN this summer, not sure if this includes both RJs and Bacs or just RJs.
Staffing for the RJ will remain constant at the 50 crews we have now until at least fall.

Latest resources

Back