• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin letter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Xjet pilots have raised the bar but to what end? boat load of airplanes out doing nothing and company picking flying at a loss so that they can make things look on the up and up.

You must not remember when SkyWest and Mesa got awarded large amounts of flying for United and Delta sending pilots from the likes of Air Wisconsin, Comair, ASA, etc to the street via furlough. This came about because the pilots of these 2 airlines, like discount hookers, agreed to fly the airframes for less than anyone else. At SkyWest I voted against flying aircraft with up to 99 seats for 50 seat pay but my pilot brothers practically pissed their pants, they were so excited to get their hands on a CRJ700 heavy. Then came the CRJ900 and well, the rest is history.

At what point do you say, "enough is enough, I am a professional". There are already pilots collecting food stamps. I commend the folks at Air Wisconsin and Express Jet who have towed the line even as thier regional brothers stabbed them in the back. The Mesa and SkyWest "quick upgrade at all cost" mentality is disgraceful.

Don't you think other managements are looking at that as well, what incentive is there? Everyone is trying to underbid each other. Can you imagine what would hapeen if there were 10 Expressjets instead of one? Eventually it would turn to what it is now.

Eventually something has to give BUT pilot wage concessions are NOT the answer. Do a little research and you will discover just how minimal pilot pay is when compared to the many other expenses associated with conducting a flight. Don't drink the management cool aid. They want you to think your pay is the problem. As a captain at SkyWest, I found that the small changes in piloting technique of a content pilot verses a disgruntled pilot could have more than offset the cost properly compensation.

It's a doomed business model in terms of qol for the labor. The last thing we should be doing is saying "any reduction in flying for mesa and skywest is a good thing".

It is only doomed with ignorant individuals like yourself who do not see the big picture or take the time to crunch the numbers of what everything "really" costs. Instead, you seem to hang on every word of the anti-labor propaganda spewing from your management team's mouth. It looks like you fly for Mesa so I guess it all makes sense now.

The unions also have done a very good job of pining pilots against each other as well.

Under Prater, ALPA has not done a very good job. I have said before, I think Prater should be recalled. Having said that, I believe collective bargaining through an industry wide unified voice is the ONLY way to turn the ship around. The SkyWest and Mesa pilots have proven time and again that they are not willing to do this therefore I hope they lose more flying.

You must not remember when SkyWest and Mesa got awarded large amounts of flying for United and Delta sending pilots from the likes of Air Wisconsin, Comair, ASA, etc to the street via furlough. This came about because the pilots of these 2 airlines, like discount hookers, agreed to fly the airframes for less than anyone else. At SkyWest I voted against flying aircraft with up to 99 seats for 50 seat pay but my pilot brothers practically pissed their pants, they were so excited to get their hands on a CRJ700 heavy. Then came the CRJ900 and well, the rest is history.

At what point do you say, "enough is enough, I am a professional". There are already pilots collecting food stamps. I commend the folks at Air Wisconsin and Express Jet who have towed the line even as thier regional brothers stabbed them in the back. The Mesa and SkyWest "quick upgrade at all cost" mentality is disgraceful.

Eventually something has to give BUT pilot wage concessions are NOT the answer. Do a little research and you will discover just how minimal pilot pay is when compared to the many other expenses associated with conducting a flight. Don't drink the management cool aid. They want you to think your pay is the problem. As a captain at SkyWest, I found that the small changes in piloting technique of a content pilot verses a disgruntled pilot could have more than offset the cost properly compensation.

It is only doomed with ignorant individuals like yourself who do not see the big picture or take the time to crunch the numbers of what everything "really" costs. Instead, you seem to hang on every word of the anti-labor propaganda spewing from your management team's mouth. It looks like you fly for Mesa so I guess it all makes sense now.

Under Prater, ALPA has not done a very good job. I have said before, I think Prater should be recalled. Having said that, I believe collective bargaining through an industry wide unified voice is the ONLY way to turn the ship around. The SkyWest and Mesa pilots have proven time and again that they are not willing to do this therefore I hope they lose more flying.

Nice post, but just so you know it's kinda wasted. cx880 is a gojet pilot, so he won't understand a bit of it.

eP.

As a Skywest pilot, where do you get information about what Prater has or hasn't done for ALPA regional pilots? Since Prater took office, the regionals have been a significant focus of ALPA at the national level. The resources ALPA are devoting to rebuilding the regional airline pilot groups are phenomenal. It takes a lot of time to turn things around in this business, and ALPA is fighting an uphill battle with the likes of Republic and other airlines constantly undercutting established wages and work rules. Prater may not be perfect, but as regional pilots we are in a much better position today than we were 3 years ago with Duane Worth at the helm.

As a Skywest pilot, where do you get information about what Prater has or hasn't done for ALPA regional pilots? Since Prater took office, the regionals have been a significant focus of ALPA at the national level. The resources ALPA are devoting to rebuilding the regional airline pilot groups are phenomenal. It takes a lot of time to turn things around in this business, and ALPA is fighting an uphill battle with the likes of Republic and other airlines constantly undercutting established wages and work rules. Prater may not be perfect, but as regional pilots we are in a much better position today than we were 3 years ago with Duane Worth at the helm.

I am no longer a SkyWest Pilot. If you show me how to change my screen name I will do so to avoid further confusion.

The SkyWest and Mesa pilots have proven time and again that they are not willing to do this therefore I hope they lose more flying.

Well Skywest is a lost cause. They're out on the West there in mormon country where the sun shines and there are no delays flying new 7s and 9s. They've all drowned in the company koolaid a long time ago. Give the dog what it wants and he won't bother you. Cheaper than having a union to divide your earnings. Last I heard Skywest had about 900 million in the bank? Can you imagine what a union could do with that?? Hmm....

Mesa on the other hand are victims. While the last TA was not industry leading it was in the right direction. The company is on the brink of liquidations what do you expect out of them? The previous TA which they flew under and where they tripled in size was a concessionary contract to get rid of the Freedom certificate, they had no choice. Otherwise they would have turned into what TSA is now.

Remember what happened about 8 years ago when mgnt. tried something very similar. Methinks they're using the ol' playbook again. Stand strong, stay unified and support your brethren.

That said; mgmnt. has the strong arm in this game and the reality will come down to risking your paycheck versus taking small pay cut to ensure your future. Since the AWAC group is pretty young, they could concieveably take a little concession for the 'global' cause. This is big business pure and simple. I certainly don't think anyone here will think any less of you than they already do if you decide to be a team player.

That said; mgmnt. has the strong arm in this game and the reality will come down to risking your paycheck versus taking small pay cut to ensure your future. Since the AWAC group is pretty young, they could concieveably take a little concession for the 'global' cause. This is big business pure and simple. I certainly don't think anyone here will think any less of you than they already do if you decide to be a team player.

F**k that sir. This pilot group will never support concessions, period.

I flew for air wisconisn back in the day. Does anyone who is still there remember giving up pay to "secure our united flying contract". Then about a year later the flying got taken away. It turned out our flying was never secured, despite the fact that we took a pay cut. However management still let us go on flying at a reduced pay rate.

Latest resources

Back