Air Wisconsin class info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargojunkie

Just got on with Air Wisconsin. Has anybody been through the class? I was wanting informatin on diff level washout rate or anything else. Thaks for your help just nervous and excited

How did you get your interview? I have been trying to get on there, I have heard that there is a program where you can get a type rating then get hired. Is that the best way to get hired? Do you know how many more classes they are going to be running. In the interview did they mention Dulles?

The best way is to get a letter from the inside. from what I hear it doesn't even need to be from a pilot. I talked to the new recruiter guy that replaced Kristy. Seems like a good guy. Says they interview a lot of people and only hire a few. but they are diversifying in who they will look at. There has been more and more people with no 121 time and lower total times in the classes. Yes there was 2 guys in the last class that got hired out a a CAE type program in DEN. They had like 800 total time. The program is apparently harder than our own type cirtification and they were taught by our own instructors. Is this the best way to go? who knows they have not gotten through training yet. As to wash out rate. It is low. I have only known of two since I have been here Oct03' both got let go in basic indoc. And believe me those tests are not that difficult. You almost have to try and get fired. The Instructor Ryan G is very good at keeping the stuff easy to understand and tests are multiple guess.

Good Luck DD

My class, couple years ago, lost 2 in training (one in sim, one in IOE) and one during his probationary year. Air Willy will work with you if you have the right attitude and show that you are busting your hump for the company.

Save your money and don't buy the type. Everyone will look down on you (I know I will) and I'll laugh at you when you get stuck in the right seat of a 146 after shelling out the money to get the RJ type. Do it the right way and earn your job.

I second J32driver's sentiments. Don't buy a job here. Unfortunately we just set up a deal with RAA or something to interview people trained by CAE like these 800 hour guys that were hired here. You will be looked down on. Hopefully these guys plan to stay here for a career because nobody else should hire them for not earning their job like everybody else. Air willy is typically hiring folks with 1500 - 3000 hours and prior 121 with a few 135 guys thrown in right now. Hopefully we stick with this and don't take too many of these PFT aholes. A reccomendation is best but I didn't have one. I just had a 135 and a 121 checkride within the previous 6 months. That's probably the only reason I got noticed. Great company, but the bean counters like the PFT thing too much - it saves the company training time in the long run.

- 2 weeks in appleton for basic indoc
- 2 weeks in denver for systems
- 4-5 days CPT in denver
- 8 sim sessions + checkride + loft in denver but some have gone to montreal and some will be going to Atlanta
- you usually have 2-3 days off a week (weekends during indoc and systems)
- paid 75 hour guarauntee
- hotel and travel provided from pilot domiciles

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back