• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin Class date!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the grievance in the pilots favor thus far, any idea on whats to come of the next class date? Id assume this will slow attrition, and itll be later rather than sooner.. Nonetheless, any AWACers making it to the majors lately? Any news comin out of ATW lately?

It might actually increase attrition. I think there are a lot of senior guys sticking around solely for the big payout of the arbitration. After the payout, the'll probably negotiate a concessionary contract since the old "legal" contract has expired. When that happens, everyone will be looking for the emergency exit.

My prediction... rapid upward advancement starting about 6 months from now. (your mileage may vary)

I would tend to agree with J32, I also think attrition will go up with the "win" of arbitration. IF we get the old contract back, we will be industry leaders in just about everything, $41/hr for second year FO is pretty damn decent. There are also ALOT of good rumors floating around about stuff, AND, at least in PHL, the RSV's are getting used everyday, so there will need to be some hiring. I think they are starting to get back to even, as they were overstaffed b/c of the potential of the Midex stuff. Keep patient, your time will come, and it is not a bad place to be, despite what some may say......

Lines this month are very thin... but that is a sign of the time rather then anything... come a month or two they will get short. Also, we are slightly fat, but one of the reasons are all the flight instructors are on the line.. if a new hire class comes about they will need to return... again making us short. I have heard from the horses mouth the reason for no upgrades lately is they no longer want to do small upgrade classes... it costs the company more money, thus in the future they will probably run a smaller number of upgrade classes each with 20 or so pilots in them. Rumors float around this place as always, very few come through but as of right now this place is not so bad. Maybe some new bases in the future, maybe a tiny bit (though very unlikely) of additional flying in the future, and with us still loosing 10+ captains a month, upgrade should stay at 3 years, and drop lower this summer. Anyways, thats my crystal ball, take it is you wish.

I would tend to agree with J32, I also think attrition will go up with the "win" of arbitration. IF we get the old contract back, we will be industry leaders in just about everything, $41/hr for second year FO is pretty dang decent. There are also ALOT of good rumors floating around about stuff, AND, at least in PHL, the RSV's are getting used everyday, so there will need to be some hiring. I think they are starting to get back to even, as they were overstaffed b/c of the potential of the Midex stuff. Keep patient, your time will come, and it is not a bad place to be, despite what some may say......

Bizzum-My jet is shinier than yours! Twins suck! Go Steelers!

It might actually increase attrition. I think there are a lot of senior guys sticking around solely for the big payout of the arbitration. After the payout, the'll probably negotiate a concessionary contract since the old "legal" contract has expired. When that happens, everyone will be looking for the emergency exit.

My prediction... rapid upward advancement starting about 6 months from now. (your mileage may vary)

So do you have to currently employed to recieve back pay? What if you were employed till 2004 and then quit..will you recieve back pay?

EVERYONE employed since the concessionary contract went into effect SHOULD be eligible for back pay. The arbitrator has given AWAC and the MEC 14 days to come up with an agreement; otherwise he'll make a decision.

The MEC is asking for Full back-pay, compound interest and the old contract re-instated. With back-pay for anyone who's had an AWAC seniority number, since the new contract. Now what eventually happens is anyone's guess right now.

As for upgrades, there are no new upgrades scheduled until the end of April, begining of May. Considering how many guys had bypassed it, I think the first few classes will be filled by those who have been here at least 3.5 years. Once they're through, the upgrade time will come down a bit to around 3 years but not much less. We are fat on FO's and Captains as far as Toon Town is concerned and they're looking for attrition to cut costs. (Straight from the CP)

Attrition may well come to a grinding halt until everyone knows that they're going to get a fat paycheck.

Last edited:
So do you have to currently employed to recieve back pay? What if you were employed till 2004 and then quit..will you recieve back pay?

Nobody knows. It is all being worked out now, and may go back to the arbitrator. If that happens, it'll be sometime again before anything is resolved.

As far as any attrition due to the arbitration, that is guessing as well. I have not spoken to ANYONE who has said they are staying/leaving once this thing is decided. If people are going to go, they are going to go. Same for sticking around. Everything else comes from "I heard that (insert attrition rumor here) once this contract thing is setteled."

The last paragraph of the decision states:
"In terms of remedy it is likely that some different and/or additional considerations might come into play in order to fashion an appropriate remedy under all the circumstances of this case. The interests of all the parties to this dispute is certainly a factor to be considered in the formulation of such a remedy. Given the foregoing, I think the best way to proceed is to give the parties themselves a 14 day opportunity to discuss an appropriate remedy; if the parties reach impasse in their discussions, then either party may petition the System Board for further proceedings with respect to the awarding of a fair and just remedy."

Re-read that last sentence. I can't see that process being quick.

S.

Hang in for the class date, as far as regionals go AWAC is a good place to work.

Latest resources

Back