Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mongolikecandy

assume managemnt position
Just curious if anyone knew what the upgrade times are looking like for Air Whiskey. Also I hear people in ATL are sitting reserve for upwards of a year while folks in ORD are holding lines in a couple months. Any truth to that? If given the choice, where would you be based? Thanks-

Mongo

Upgrades now are running just under 3 years.

Reserves have been sitting along time there in ATL as there are only 10 aircraft for now and no movement there. ORD has more movement / aircraft / increased flying and thus movement is quicker. I see for Jan @ ORD there are some 24 new F/O's just joined the F/O list as reserve and a bunch of new Captains joining the ranks in Jan.

DEN is VERY senior and even suffering displacements.

I've been at awac 15 months and I am about halfway up the fo list in ord.

it all depends on what the company does in the future. we've got about 9 more rj's coming on property this winter (i think) and that will end our new deliveries unless the company announces something. (which they might) but after we have all our a/c the movement will be from attrition and retirements.

It's not a bad company to be stuck at though.

The last guy was right. Atlanta doesn't have much movement as all the new a/c are going to ord.

Actually, there is a little movement in ATL for newhires. It looks like a number of reserves bid out to ORD every time there is a vacancy announcement to so they can hold a line. And the lineholders move out for upgrade, or to the 146 for the better pay.

If that keeps up, maybe a new hire in ATL can be a junior lineholder there in say 3-4 months.

Just a guess tho...

Latest resources

Back