• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

air wis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is a good question? I do know that you have to resign seniority to get hired. At least that is what I am told. It could not hurt to try. I know we have hired a few USAir pilots in the last few months. I think an LOR helps more than having worked for a major to tell you the truth.

Yes, just heard from V.P. flight ops we are giving UAL preferencial interviews....I hope this is good news however there is much history between UAL and Air Wisconsin. good luck!!

Dont know where you get your info, were not hiring until the
328 guys come over to the CL65 the 328's are gone by summer.

CRJ Capt.

CRJ Driver, you'd probably know better than any of us, but the impression I've been getting from HR is that you will be hiring even before the last guy transistions from the Dork. There was a new hire class scheduled for Feb 3rd, but got a call last week saying it was scrapped and now there probably won't be a class till March. I know for a fact that they have interviews scheduled, I think they went ahead and fired up the interview machine again with the impression that the Feb classes we're going to go through and they were going to start draining the pool, but since those plans are scrapped I wouldn't be surpried if the calls for new interviews stop as well. When I talked to HR back in DEC they said they wouldn't start interviewing agian until they started draining the pool that way they don't end up with massive pools like some of the other outfits out there. AD

ps Thats cool they are going to offer the whole deal to UAL pilots, does anyone know if they will be required to follow the current policy of resigning? It gives me a little comfort knowing that AW has been already doing favors for UAL such as the lower rates and now helping out the pilots as well, hopefully that will transfer into receiving a substantial amount of the UAX growth. But I know our company lowered the rates for NW back after sept 11 and they pretty much said "hey thanks guys" and then got right back to giving it to us in the a.ss, ungrateful bas.tards (NW mgmt, not pilots.....not trying to start something here). I'm still pretty concerned about how thery going to divy up the growth.

HOW DOES IF AFFECT YOU IF YOUR A FORMER AWAC PILOT THAT LEFT AWAC FOR UAL?? I KNOW THAT AWAC HAS A STRONG POLICY THEY WONT HIRE ANY PILOTS BACK THAT LEFT AWAC. I HAVE HEARD OF A FEW EX AWAC PILOTS THAT WHERE HIRED BACK AS GRD. INSTRUCTORS BUT NOT LINE PILOTS.

The few that were hired back are all instructors in management positions. They do not fly the line and do not have a seniority number. We did, however, hire back a pilot who was not furloughed. The company he worked for went under forever, so he had no chance of ever going back. Just some words of wisdom for any UAL pilot called for an interview. Be humble and do not think because you are a United pilot that you have a leg up. Most of the people who are interviewing you probably should have been with United a while ago. We all know how that goes. Be willing to take any airplane and any domicile. Be yourself, AWAC wants personable crews that can get along with each other. As you can tell, creative writing and spelling are very low on the priority list for hiring an AWAC pilot. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back