Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
Any one here of Air Wilmington in ILM? I see they are looking for a Chief Pilot but can't find any info online about them.

I was really curious what they fly.

I didn't know AW had a charter department. Perhaps they're just now ramping up? They have a Cherokee they use for short Pt. 91 hops, I think.

Don't know anything about them having a flight dept, and haven't seen anything about it either. I'm in there quite a bit. Air ILM is a small FBO on the field. Decent service, but crappy facility. If you have to stay in ILM for the day, make the boss get you a day room. Neither FBO on the field is equipped to handle anybody staying there for the day. Shi**y pilot lounge at one and lack of one at the other (that being Air ILM) Sorry, I know that wasn't the question but had to vent about that.

Neither FBO on the field is equipped to handle anybody staying there for the day. Shi**y pilot lounge at one and lack of one at the other

Indeed. And that's rather surprising, too, considering the quantity and nature of the traffic that goes into ILM daily. Perhaps the new Air Wilmington building will remedy that. From what I've seen of the plans/elevation drawings thus far, it is going to be nice. :)

Ilm

I know they are building a brand new facility looks nice on there internet also just found out that they have had a 135 certificate with a single on it for years. They are now jumping into jets and are going expand the certificate.

Was told just today that AW is adding "King Airs and Citations" to the lowly Cherokee on their 135 ticket. I dunno what that really means, but anytime jobs are created ... that's good news. :)

I know that in Nov someone was starting an in house thing with a Jetstream, think that it was in ILM, but could be wrong. One of my corpex buddies got the left seat in it...

Was at ILM today, Mr. Cherry ain't got no 135 certificate, and no one knew anything about bringing any aircraft online. But who knows ...

Latest resources

Back