• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Whisky Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you never rode up front of a CRJ 200, Don't freak at the view on final, just realize it's nicknamed the Lawn Dart for a reason.

"Flare!!!!"

Be careful on that one. RAH usually dhd's a crew on that flight that is full. Although it shows 2 seats open, you may get to the gate and get bumped by a DHD. Most of the guys there would not take the jumpseat however if they are DHD, but the gate agents may ask. Just a heads up....

Most of the Air Wiskey captains I flew with would never bump a jumpseater to allow another airlines positive space DH'er in the cockpit. If you think that may happen, make sure you talk to the captain. RAH cannot tell an AWAC captain who sits in his/her jumpseat.

I spent an entire month doing BGR CDO's.....only had one JS the entire time and he was a mainline guy who keeps a house up there....my guess is that you'll have luck at some point in the day

Yes you can. We have daily scheduled service from LAX-HNL-LAX as well as EWR-AMS & LGG-EWR. Hong Kong, Dubai, and Brussels are also frequent. Check out http://www.kalittaair.com/schedule.asp for times.

If you want to list call 734-484-0088 / 800-521-1590. Ops fax is 734-484-3640. Or email [email protected].

Thanks i am planning on visiting some friends who recently moved to Korea. Its good to know my options.

"Flare!!!!"

Most of the Air Wiskey captains I flew with would never bump a jumpseater to allow another airlines positive space DH'er in the cockpit. If you think that may happen, make sure you talk to the captain. RAH cannot tell an AWAC captain who sits in his/her jumpseat.

Agreed, it is NOT going to happen. If you want the jump on an airwisky flight and there are no airways people or wisky people (which there rarely are on that leg) then its yours. We will not permit another carrier crewmember on positive space to ride in our jump if it means a guy will not get home, having over 95% of your pilot group commute does that to you.

You should not have a problem with RAH. We don't sit in our own JS when being positive spaced. We are never required and 99% of us won't anyhow. I'm PS, give me my seat in the back, period! We are the DHed company of the US. It's amazing how much time we spend in the back. If it's full, they just have to bump people. We don't take JS's

That's good to hear, 628. Many pilots at every regional are probably not aware that occupying the jumpseat on company business is against ALPA jumpseat policy. There's certainly nothing wrong with doing it to help ensure as many customers or non-revs get on board, but only if there are no other pilots requesting the jumpseat. I got a US Air agent in MEM really mad at me once when she asked me to take the jumpseat on a DH once. I politely declined because there was an off-line pilot wanting the jumpseat. I sympathized the with the agent's frustration with trying to find a seat for me, but that's just the way it is.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back