Air Whiskey Guys PLease HElp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynryan15

Hey my buddy just got hired and is looking for a heads up on what to study. Apparently he won't get any materials from the company till day one of indoc. Is there anything study guides out there he can get a hold of? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Ryan

Why work for Air Whisky? No growth, no new airplanes on the way. Tired CRJs with a limited route structure. They are hiring people with very few hours - beyond that I don't see much appeal. Republic would have been a far better choice in my opinion.

Why work for Air Whisky? No growth, no new airplanes on the way. Tired CRJs with a limited route structure. They are hiring people with very few hours - beyond that I don't see much appeal. Republic would have been a far better choice in my opinion.

Maybe he lives on the east coast? Maybe he wants to work under one of the best contracts out there, and make good money flying the 50 seater? EVERYONE is hiring low time guys, it is the new reality at the regional level. To answer the original question, he does not need to study anything, except maybe the 121 regs that he can get from the FAA website. They will prepare him for the systems and the indoc, just make sure that he studies while he is there.

Since he's going to AWAC why not help out a little? The preparation is pretty good but do some general reading on the CRJ so it's not all new when you get there. http://www.crjstudyguide.com/ Once you're there just use the company materials and learn that stuff well. Good luck.

1. Have a good attitude and stay awake in class.
2. Have a good attitude and stay awake in class.
3. If you feel you need help, seek it early and often from the instructors - they'll do all they can to get you through the program.
4. Have a good attitude and stay awake in class.

Thanks guys for the advice...Not that it matters but the main reason he wants to work there is he lives half way between DC and Norfolk so obviously he be based at home.

hey, it is fair question..shows desire, ambition, but just"stay in awake in class" and do 25 pushups at the mandatory FAA 10 minute break instead of smoking.

really, indoc is remedial, know the callouts, let the GI teach and ask questions, take notes. don't get worked up about it, drink beer with your classmates. if you're a slam clicker, they'll redass you.

ask each other questions with the notecards in a group, you'll do fine.

Attitude.
Be someone that they would want to fly with on a month of four day trips.
Be nice to EVERYONE you meet in Appleton.
No matter which bar you grab a beer in, there will be an AWAC connection.
I used to hide out in the American Legion and the last week I met a former AWACer with current ties to the company.

One guy left our class mostly for being rude. The company isn't shy about sending folks home. I've been pretty happy here so far.

Latest resources

Back