Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Avi8tor2000

Big Papa
Hey, this may be just rumors floating around but who knows. Te rumor is that Air Whiskey might cut it wrks force in half, gate agents, rampers, pilots, everyone... Anyone from over there know if this is true? Thanks.

And no, I'm not trying to start anything, this is actually what we heard.

From what source did you hear this?

What you have heard is just rumor. While it is true that there are financial challenges and uncertainty, there are no plans at this time to trim the workforce 50%. If UAL cuts back our flying, we would probably need to furlough some folks. We are still bound by our UAL agreement to take delivery of 2 jets a months; unless United tells us not to do it, I can't see us laying anyone off.

If UAL fails, then a whole lot more than half of us will be out of work.

Sleepy,

Where are you going to fit another 10 or so RJ's in ATL for Airtran?
I believe I saw a couple at the end of the D concourse, but there isn't a lot of extra space at the ATL airport period, unless you go to the back of the E concourse during certain periods of the day.
I don't think Delta will give the extra space.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p

UAL has already cut April flying about 6%. This could lead to changes.

As for jet aquisitions...that isn't controlled by UAL, it was a concerted decision by mgmt to continue receiving jets even without an affirmation by UAL as to whether they want us to fly them or not. It will remain to be seen if this is a good decision or not. If UAL liqidates, it will have not.

:(

Times, they are a-changing!

But isn't the choice to continue with the A/C deliveries not really Air Wis's but the Manufacturer and the purchase agreement?

I to have heard the same rumor, I hope it's not true ..

Good luck to all and God Bless Our TROOPS
Jobear

The word is that the a/c will continue at a rate of two per month until all are delivered. Now lets look at this intelligently, two a/c per month at and avg. cost of say $22mil per. It would only take about two days before we are broke which means that someone somewhere has something that they are not disclosing to the public but has made a bold enough statement that a/c will continue to arrive. If you ask me and that's only if you ask we will be here flying for someone that needs these a/c...

WD.

Latest resources

Back