• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Vents -- CLOSED (FO, CA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And jacks the seat all the way up before leaving the cockpit..... WTF does this do? First thing I have to do is sit on the damn thing and try not to hit my head on some overhead switches while either lowering the thing with the switch(767) or reaching for the handle and pressing the button and free falling to the bottom of the cockpit all while the nose of the aircraft is just a few feet from the windows of the terminal(read: I look like a dumbsheet as pax are looking out the window).

And jacks the seat all the way up before leaving the cockpit..... WTF does this do? First thing I have to do is sit on the damn thing and try not to hit my head on some overhead switches while either lowering the thing with the switch(767) or reaching for the handle and pressing the button and free falling to the bottom of the cockpit all while the nose of the aircraft is just a few feet from the windows of the terminal(read: I look like a dumbsheet as pax are looking out the window).

You guys actually have electrical seat switches on your 76s? Dang, must be nice. All of our 75s/76s have the old slam n' latch style levers. AMR being cheap again, I'd guess...

Could someone give me the 737 Flight Manual citation for closing the flight deck air vents during the postflight. Thanks.

Whoa, stop right there. We shouldn't be discussing this on an open forum. This is exactly the type of info the terrorists would want.

:D

Right from Section 2-6.5:

Um, I think that's from your Wendy's drive through manual!

Flight Deck Air Vents-----------------Whatever position strikes your fancy
(Not one soul possibly cares)

So when you're at the airport driving the lav truck, which position do you leave them?

So when you're at the airport driving the lav truck said:
The same position I left your Mom in last night-wheelbarrow......

No joking matter. Anything with a reference to an airline flight manual on an open internet forum should be treated as SSI.

While your at it, call TSA, Delta Force and the Seals to take down those Al-Qeada terrorists in SEA that designed that POS B737NG cockpit which for the pilots, equals 800 hours a year wearing a Habanero #%tt-plug

Sincerely,

B737NG Plug Boy

Last edited:
I'd like to second that with leaving the seat ALL THE WAY UP!!!

Just curious ... is a leprechaun flying the next leg of the flight?

My wife complains about that all the time. Leaving the seat up that is, I don't know anything about leprechauns. We do have some trolls at my airline.

Latest resources

Back