• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I'm going way out on a limb here but what probably happened is you showed up for the interview and had your a$$ handed to you along with your briefcase and then you were quickly shown the door.

No. He probably figured the place wasn't right for him. That's ok. I don't blame him., I wouldn't want people to ask me "You work for who in Atlanta???"

does anyone know if the 121 time is a firm requirement to be competetive?

Heyas XTA,

From what I understand from a buddy there, the 500 121 PIC maybe overlooked if you have a "quality" recommendation.

From what I understand, this isn't just an aquantence that drops of a generic LOA, but someone who's well known to the DOO or CP and has known you for years.

Nu

I wouldn't want people to ask me "You work for who in Atlanta???"
That's funny, I get that all the time. Along with the, "Oohhh, you codeshare fly for Delta, right?" :rolleyes: :lol:

I wasn't aware it had been dropped to 500, that's strange.

I actually stopped by and chatted with SG a couple months ago and asked her about a buddy who had just gotten his 1000 PIC 121 in a turboprop and inquired how much he "really" had to have to be "competitive". She said probably around 2,000 PIC.

What NuGuy said about a C.P. recommendation may be true, don't know that one for gospel as I haven't met anyone hired lately (outside military guys) who hasn't come from a PIC 121 gig somewhere.

I know I'm going way out on a limb here but what probably happened is you showed up for the interview and had your a$$ handed to you along with your briefcase and then you were quickly shown the door.

I guess your tree limb just broke. That is the joy of having a lot of offers. I decide to take the job with the other LCC otherwise known as SWA. No need to waste my time going to an interview. Nobody is bashing AirTran. If SWA did not come along, I would have looked at them a little harder. I have a few friends that work there and like it.

Did we have a breakdown in communication?

1,000 PIC Turbine Part 121 is a hard, stated requirement.

Over 10,000 applications on file from pilots who already meet these minimums.

200-300 pilot slots per year. MAYBE 10% of that for 8-12 months IF we acquire Midwest and get rid of their MD-80's.

You'd have to be engaged to JL, BF, or KG's daughter to score an interview without the stated mins when getting hired here is already very difficult odds.

Good luck,,,[/quot

Yes you had a breakdown. I had a buddy of mine interview at your nasty a$$ comany with 100 pic turbine. YES I SAID 100 hrs. He is nothing special. So stop telling everybody you need 1000 or 1300 or even 1500. Looks to me like all you need is a heartbeat.

Heyas XTA,

From what I understand from a buddy there, the 500 121 PIC maybe overlooked if you have a "quality" recommendation.

From what I understand, this isn't just an aquantence that drops of a generic LOA, but someone who's well known to the DOO or CP and has known you for years.

Nu

The 500 PIC requirement is also waiverable if you have scabbed somewhere. The good thing too is it doesn’t have to be as a pilot! Just have documentation ready, newspaper articles, verified scab lists, hospital bills from being beat up, etc.....

The 500 PIC requirement is also waiverable if you have scabbed somewhere. The good thing too is it doesn’t have to be as a pilot! Just have documentation ready, newspaper articles, verified scab lists, hospital bills from being beat up, etc.....

Isn't it time for your mid morning diaper change and bottle?
Or is recess not over yet?
How can you expect anyone to take you seriously chuck, as you are one bitter little boy!

400A'hole said:
Happy New Year.

Yes you had a breakdown. I had a buddy of mine interview at your nasty a$$ comany with 100 pic turbine. YES I SAID 100 hrs. He is nothing special. So stop telling everybody you need 1000 or 1300 or even 1500. Looks to me like all you need is a heartbeat.
WTF? Did you stop taking your Ritalin lately?

Maybe that Teret's medication needs to have the dosage upped.

What does "needing a heartbeat" have anything to do with the accuracy of what I posted?

People MIGHT be getting by with less for interviews, but none that I have heard of.

I had a direct conversation about this with the Manager of Recruiting. I considered that pretty accurate information.

If you have something different and can quote it's ACTUAL SOURCE (full name, please so we can verify), I'll be happy to be wrong, it doesn't hurt me one way or the other.

A headcase like you certainly has no place in aviation if that's all it takes for you to go off. :rolleyes:

hey lear70, thanks for the input. i'm targeting AirTran because they're operating where i need to be ie ATL.
any insight for my chances with 4200 + TT and 2400+ turbo prop PIC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back