• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tahoma Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These seemed like very experienced, professional pilots. It saddens me to see anyone go out like this.

Out of curiosity, why would anyone work for a company with such a horrible reputation? (This goes for ALL companies and pilots, not just these two). Especially with qualifications that can get you elsewhere reputable. Is it the chance to fly the the equipment, settle for the first opportunity, etc??

Some people need to work.

Some just want to work.

Some like the nestalgia.

Some can't see the forest for the trees or don't notice the trees until they're deep in the forest. Meaning, they didn't notice what a dirtbag place they're in until they're already in it. (That where I'm sitting.)

I have flown the 580 and had an excellent ground school on the airframe. Plus almost a 1000 hours in it. It is a fine aircraft that makes all the other commuter turboprops look second best. However, if the prop will not feather, you are SOL! But the prop system is a very simple system and I have not heard of one not feathering. If the rudder cables are not properly adjusted, with an engine out you are SOL! And that has happened at least once.

I have flown 580's that have sat for 6 months. They flew fine, just a few minor Hydraulic leaks and some avionics issues. After a week or so, they went away.

Maintenance items that you can let slide in the 340/440, you can't in the 580. The increased weight, speed and power don't allow for that.

Forgive the late reply, I didn't catch this post from last month.

Rick, you care to share with us your excellent 580 ground school? Enlighten us.

Talked to some local feds today, and they had pretty tight lips. They did make it seem like something good might come of it! Mind you the ATs certificate isn't based in CMH!

Latest resources

Back