Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iwannaflyCAL

Hmmmm...
i've been trying to find info about Air Pacific.

Since they have a pretty vague name, its kinda hard to google them (you come up with tons of results about the pacific and anything with the word air), as well as search forums such as pprune and flight info. They have bases in SYD, AKL and BNE.

Anybody work there or know someone who does? How many days off? How do they treat expats?

I currently fly 737-800s out of Guam. I can take a company offered leave of absence for 18 months to save someone else from getting furloughed. I would love to see Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.

This kind of seems like a win-win scenario for me. I can't really find anything out about the company itself, except for the one thread on this board. Seems like there is a bunch of management bashing...well, I have worked for some pretty crappy companies in the past (read ASA during the late 90s). Not looking for a career, just a break to go explore part of the world I would otherwise not be able to see.

While it seems no one likes the guys in charge, how are the pilots? How are the work rules? How many days off a month? How long is training? Would I be seen as a yank stealing a local guys job? Of course, there are plenty of Australians working with me up here. Seems like it would be a dip in pay, but the experience gained might make it worth it.

That being said, would it worthwhile for a single guy with no ties to take a chance on this company for a year?

Thanks for any input,

dave

Air Pacific is a Fijian airline. They just picked up a bunch of Aloha guys on contract. Over a dozen Air Pacific pilots have made the move to Emirates.

Just flew with an ex Air Pacific 737 skipper. He did mention that some of their trips up to Canada via HNL were pretty good.

Also know a guy who used to do contract flying as an F.O. on the -400 for them. He made $500/day.

No idea who to contact for a job though. I'd ask someone, but I'm not in base right now.

TP

You probably have already seen this, but in case you haven't... www.airpacific.com Sorry I don't have more info.

I think it's great that you are willing to go find something else so others can avoid furlough - best of luck.

Thanks, I've sent stuff to rishworth and iac. i was just looking for actual pilots who have flown with air pacific and know what it's like to fly for this company.

thanks guys!

Latest resources

Back