Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot

Happy New Year

Has anyone out there flown for, or known someone who has flown for an operator called Air Pac (PA31's, PA34's, C-402's) based in the Seattle area? I have a buddy who flies for them now who can walk in my resume. I'm grateful for this opportunity, but am trying to get an unbiased opinion of their operation, should I get called for an interview. I don't have much multi-PIC time and think this could be a good opportunity to get my numbers up. Thanks in advance!

i know a guy that knows a guy that said that they are good guys.
i think you got to cross the cascades in a little twin. i've iced up going up the chair lift at alpental so good luck!

run a search, there was another thread about these guys a while back, I forget the subject title, though.

You said you wanted an unbiased opinion so I guesss I don't count. I've worked here for about 6 months. Its great experience. The planes, everything you would expect out of freighters, are in good condition, the maintenance department keeps them up well. There is talk of starting to install GPS on board.
The pilots are starting to move. One guy is waiting for his Horizon class date, another is interviewing tomorrow. One guy is in the pool at SkyWest and another is leaving for a firefighting job in Wyoming. At least 3 others are actively seeking employment at the regoinals.
The chief pilot is one of the best guys I've worked for. I don't know the rhyme or reason of how he picks people to interview, being local and updating regularly helped me.
We fly Senecas, Chieftains and Cessna 404's. We do have a BE-99 on the ticket, but that never flies so don't expect any turbine time.
As far as the flying, you are flying over the mountains at night, but most of the time it is nothing out of the ordinary. Last night one of our guys did however have to divert to MWH to severe icing. That was the first time this year and the worst I've heard of. Most of the time its nothing a change in altitude or blowing the boots a couple of times can't fix. So far I've had worse turbulence than ice.
Thats the lowdown, if you want more detail PM me.

Thanks aldassy, that pretty much confirms what my friend had told me. I think my biggest obstacle so far is that I don't live down the street, so I'll hope for the call. Thanks again for all the good info, maybe I'll be out there soon to help you with "carrying checks and pee", man that's one of the funniest things I've seen here so far!

Regards

Latest resources

Back