Air National Guard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cletislj04

I would like to join the ang to fly? Can I fly if I am still in college? What is basic training like? What are the steps to become a pilot? Could I be a navigator in the ang? What do you have to do medically before you go? What do they do to you? (medically) What is the pay? Any other information would be helpful. Thank you for reading my post. Thanks:rolleyes:

I'll answer these for you

I would like to join the ang to fly? - At least you are aware of the ANG. Think of all the guys that are Stop-Lossed that wished they knew about the ANG before they joined active duty.

Can I fly if I am still in college? - No. That was the old days. Not any more. You can always fly on your own.

What is basic training like? - It depends...if it's AMS, a cake walk, if it's Parris Island, hell. (AMS is the Air National Guard's 4 week OTS)

Could I be a navigator in the ang? - No, unless you want to look for a job in a few years. Navigators went out back in the days of Chris Columbus and the F-4. In the Navy they call Navigators NFOs, short for No Future Outside. Hence many a boat Captain are former NFOs.

What do you have to do medically before you go? - Have that foot problem looked at! What do you think, you have to pass physical. Don't get that lazer eye surgery.

If I answer the rest I'll become even more cynical. You can learn about the ANG on there web site.

This will be your first test. Find the web site without asking.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back