Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CitationLover

Aw, Nuts!
Does anyone know who bought Air Big Mess?

Rumor has it that MESA wants to pawn off ZV to 1900 extrodinare Great Lakes. Prob is that Great Lakes is reportedly having logistcal challenges with staffing and money to buy planes.

Also, it would be no wonder to see Big Sky offered to them too. So the cards are in Great Lakes favor as to who and what they want to take (unless there has already been some sort of back room deal) pending their own needs and resources.

I believe in order to buy airplanes, or an airline, you have to have money. Whats it been...over 6 years since their pilot contract become amendable? They must not have any money.

The plot thinckened recently when GLA went up to MT to talk about taking oeve Big Sky. Apparently most of there fleet is owned by MESA and on lease to Big Sky. I doubt JO would let GLA take Mesa's planes to run Big Sky with out taking Air Midwest.

Seemingly, as previously mentioned, GLA may not have the resources to take on both ops, so this could get intresting as they are the only buyer being courted.

The plot thinckened recently when GLA went up to MT to talk about taking oeve Big Sky. Apparently most of there fleet is owned by MESA and on lease to Big Sky. I doubt JO would let GLA take Mesa's planes to run Big Sky with out taking Air Midwest.

Seemingly, as previously mentioned, GLA may not have the resources to take on both ops, so this could get intresting as they are the only buyer being courted.

Why would anyone want to take on Big Sky flying when Big Sky hasn't been able to turn a profit on it for at least 10 years?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back