• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Midwest Flt 5481

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone have any more information on this?

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Jan. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Air Midwest flight 5481, a Beechcraft-19 going from Charlotte, N.C., to Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C., has been involved in an accident in Charlotte.

Flight 5481 was operating as a US Airways Express flight.

The preliminary passenger list indicates that the aircraft carried 19 passengers and two crewmembers, although these numbers are subject to revision.

US Airways has established a special toll-free telephone number to call for information about those on board Flight 5481. The number is 1-800-679- 8215.

US Airways will provide information on an ongoing basis as it becomes available. Updates will be posted to US Airways' Web site at usairways.com. The contact number for media to call is 1-703-872-5100.

This sux,.. My heartfelt sorrow goes out to all involved. Makes you realize not to take things for granted...

Hey Mesa guys,

Despite the differences we might have, I feel sick to my stomach after seeing this accident this morning!

My heartfell condolences go to EVERYONE at Mesa and to all the guys and gals I see EVERYDAY for Air Midwest at CLT.

If anyone finds out about memorial services in CLT in the next few days post it here, thx!

PDTGIMP:(

To all those concerned, my heart goes out to the family and friends of those affected by this tragidy. As a former Air Midwest Captain, I am sure that I know more than a few of you, and it is always terrible when something like this happens, esp. when it hits so close to home. God Speed.

John Ostmeyer

flight 5481

Did anyone else just see that ntsb q/a at the hanger. it was on CNN a few minutes ago. A reporter asked if he was concerned about the safety of the 1900. His response was, in my opinion, uncalled for. He said and I quote "We are concerned with the safety of all commuter planes". What's up with that? as I see it, there have been significantly more accidents and incidents with the majors. I just took it as a slap in the face to all of us that are overworked and underpaid. My condolences to all of you at air midwest.

I saw that guy too. I thought it was a terrible thing to say. I think he was winging the whole thing with a lot of "well, don't quote me on this..." I think we all know that we hear a lot more about large airplane crashes then commuter crashes.

The most important thing here is to keep those involved in this terrible accident close to our hearts and in our prayers. We are all professional people who share a common bond regardless of airlines or union affiliations. God bless those involved and be safe.

Latest resources

Back