Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
Who's the clown using the callsign "Air Jamaica" that tied up 129.00 for fifteen minutes Wednesday night?

chperplt said:
What were they doing to "tie" up the radio?
Somebody--I presume a former ASA pilot--was shooting the breeze with someone about life at ASA versus his current gig, and about how Doug H. was supposed to call him some time, etc. Just a chat between friends...but for fifteen minutes nobody could call for boarding, fuel, lav service, catering, or give their out/off times. The ops folks were pulling their hair out. A couple of pilots were moved to open profanity: "change...f_cking...frequencies!"

Excepte for not being able to call our "off" time in, it didn't affect my flight. I thought it was pretty funny...had no idea someone could be that clueless.

hey y'all,

Not for nothin' ... I don't even fly for ASA, but a couple of our pilots got their asses chewed the other day for some nonsense on complany ops freq.

Story goes that an ops person and a pilot were arguing (imagine that) and resorted to profanity. Apparently FAA monitors all public frequencies (obviously not all the time and to our dismay, no pilot had even heard of this practice). At any rate, FAA blew their top and chewed the company out, who in turn chewed the pilot out. Big brother is always watching...hate to see one of you get in trouble for some bs...

Typhoon1244 said:
but for fifteen minutes nobody could call for boarding, fuel, lav service, catering.

Read SP 358.. you are not supposed to call for these things.. and if you do call.. ONE CALL THATS ALL

Latest resources

Back