• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air India 787 drops an exterior panel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...CA-to-probe-incident/articleshow/24204166.cms

"Air India's Dreamliner troubles don't seem to end. In a shocking incident, a large panel on a Boeing 787's fuselage flew off when the aircraft was winging its way from Delhi to Bangalore last Saturday with 148 people on board."
OTOH "The Dreamliner 'miraculously' landed safely in Bangalore without the pilots realizing a thing."

They could just as well report that it's one heck of a plane in that it flew fine without the panel with nary a ripple.

OTOH "The Dreamliner 'miraculously' landed safely in Bangalore without the pilots realizing a thing."

They could just as well report that it's one heck of a plane in that it flew fine without the panel with nary a ripple.

" . . . Even more shocking, an Air India 787 flew from Delhi to Bangalore with only 148 passengers aboard.

:D

" . . . Even more shocking, an Air India 787 flew from Delhi to Bangalore with only 148 passengers aboard.

:D

Those Pilots probably got paid way more then we will ever to fly the same planes, ever! So I am sure they are not complaining...even if we sit here and laugh at them....

Those Pilots probably got paid way more then we will ever to fly the same planes, ever! So I am sure they are not complaining...even if we sit here and laugh at them....

Actually, I was laughing at the notion that there were only 148 people on board . . . . ever seen an Indian bus? I was expecting to see 400+ pax on board. :D

And, based on conversations with expat friends flying in India, I think you are equally mistaken in this regard, too. If they are making more, they are likely earning every penny of it. . . .

Not uncommon to fly 120 hours in a month, from what I hear. Yuck.

:laugh:

Last edited:
I agree, they do work hard! But the contracts guys work harder compared to the one that are actually hired into permanent position. Also, hospital, housing and most of the kids schools bills are paid for. I am sure you heard quite a bit, but they do differentiate between permanent and contract position....grass is always green here or there depending on individual's point of view. It just depends on what each individual want to put up with I guess....enjoy your laughs. Cheers.

Yeah, my friends were flying for Indigo/Spice Jet, etc. They were working much harder than I want to. They were making the same pay as me, but flying 120 hours/month. Probably living like kings, though, or at least like the prodigal sons of minor royalty. ;)

Latest resources

Back