Air Inc. Seminar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

asolo

I would like to hear from anyone who has been to an Air Inc seminar. I am not a member, but am considering going to the Dallas (or is it Houston?) seminar in Jan and am wondering if it is worth the time, money, energy, etc. I have my 1200/200 and plan on having my ATP written done by that time. From what I understand, some people are actually hired right then and there! BTW, I would have to travel about 8 hours by car to get there. Thanks for the info. Blue Skies!

Another Kit Darby controversy

I was a member of Kit's former "organization," Future Aviation Professionals of America, for several years starting about fifteen years ago. I went to one of his seminars in 1993, in Los Angeles. I was out of work at the time and there really wasn't any hiring. The exhibitors he had were not interested in someone like me. Except for slightly lower totals, my quals were the same as you see on the left. For me, it was a waste of time and money. Fortunately, I didn't have to fork up money for lodging because I stayed at a friend's house in Orange County that week and with family overnight in the hotel.

The only positive aspect of this seminar was that I met Irv Jasinski personally. I had used him by phone to prep for an interview several months before. I got that job. He remembered me and spoke with me for a few minutes regarding an upcoming interview. As it turns out, I got that job, too.

Frankly, I wouldn't waste the money. I realize that you get face time with the various H.R. coneheads, but, with hiring the way it is, and based on my experience during similar times, I'm doubtful of the return for money spent. Moreover, considering the times and horrendous short-term prospects, you may be slightly light on hours. I'd write differently if you had in excess of 1500 and 500 (maybe even more), and your ATP in hand.

letters of rec.

I've managed to get the majority of my interviews from letters of recommendation, rather than paying to go to a seminar. I'd pursue that route, and it doesn't cost anything. If you have ANY contacts who are currently flying somewhere, do whatever you can to get a letter of rec. It really seems to help these days, and will help alot more than attending a seminar with hundreds of other qualified pilots who could have three times the amount of flight time you currently have.

Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Search

Use the search feature of this board. There has been much written about this.

I do not think you have enough time for consideration here but anything is possible.

Latest resources

Back