• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Inc LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree with you. Air Inc helped you securing an interview. YOU earned the job my friend. They had nothing to do with that. Have a great career at UPS.

I didn't mean they got me the job...just meant to state I was hired after getting the interview. I attended the job fair only not the all day seminar. Thanks for the well wishes.

Guys who fly Vipers and CRJs pretty much got most bases covered. UPS got lucky with you. Wished we had...

Godspeed.

You have to go through the USA Jet DA-20 training program to get those skills. It worked for three pilots at SWA I know of.

6 total, that I know of

A futher confirmation of the right way to start your career, on-demand at YIP. After that everything is gravey.

I'm hoping there was some sarcastic undertone to what you said and i missed it. however, if you are serious about learning to 'fly in and not fear IMC' you need to rent a 172 and do that on your own.....not take the public and figure it out. Good luck.

The Air Force doesn't like us to fly IMC with our jets. That's what I gather from SWA/FO. I personally treat IMC like an emergency. It makes crossing the pond on a 12 hour flight hard when I only do it in clear air. I'm hoping that some day my skills are to the level of SWA/FO. I don't presonally know him, but from what I gather he's something special to the aviation community.
[/QUOTE]

IMC is dangerous! SWA/FO is special too.

You guys be careful out there. Clouds everywhere. Maybe the commander/unit leader/wingman/C.O., will ground the fleet. Kinda windy out there, nothing a navy style sideways landing can't handle. :rolleyes: :)

Guys who fly Vipers and CRJs pretty much got most bases covered. UPS got lucky with you. Wished we had...

Godspeed.

Thanks Albie, no purple in God's plan for me, I guess. And thanks for the help along the way. Please add me to your list of successful alumni from Emerald Coast U.:beer:

You guys be careful out there. Clouds everywhere. Maybe the commander/unit leader/wingman/C.O., will ground the fleet. Kinda windy out there, nothing a navy style sideways landing can't handle. :rolleyes: :)

What do you mean maybe? The KC-10 has never been rated for IMC. They have been letting us fly at night (which I personally consider IMC)....but only during contingencies and only if you have a check airman at the controls. I've been practicing with Flight Simulator 2007 for any potential IMC situations I may face in the future. We can land in a crosswind though. That's if it's below 10 knots (5 wet).

Latest resources

Back