• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Inc LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand why people think an AIR Inc job fair is a waste of money. The fee is $150 for the entire day. Most people just show up for the job fair from 4pm to 8pm. The $150 fee includeds the following:

7:00 am to 7:30 am - Continental Breakfeast
7:30 am to 11:15 am - Job Fair Workshops
11:15 am to 12:15 pm - Lunch Buffet
12:15 pm to 2:15 pm - Job Fair Workshops
2:15 pm to 4:00 pm - Individual Airline Breifs
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm - One on one time with the recruiters who will be interviewing you.

Pretty good deal for $150.

If you think the job fair is a waste of money, ask the 40 or so people who were invited to come interview at AirTran from the DFW Job Fair. Interviews also happened at Republic Airways.

I think it is a great chance to get with the recruiters and BUILD RELATIONSHIPS. You may not get an interview the first time but if you put in the time and effort it does pay off. Good luck to all.

it's nice to have a person out there to help a guy like me make the transition.

take your money.

I thought some of you guys knew it all when you come out?

I thought some of you guys knew it all when you come out?[/quote]

Not all of us know it all. That's why I'm trying to start with ComAir. I need to learn to fly in and not fear IMC. I've been pretty much doing just Romper Room flying for almost 2 decades. This whole 121 thing is uncharted territory.

I thought some of you guys knew it all when you come out?

Not all of us know it all. That's why I'm trying to start with ComAir. I need to learn to fly in and not fear IMC. I've been pretty much doing just Romper Room flying for almost 2 decades. This whole 121 thing is uncharted territory.[/quote]

I'm hoping there was some sarcastic undertone to what you said and i missed it. however, if you are serious about learning to 'fly in and not fear IMC' you need to rent a 172 and do that on your own.....not take the public and figure it out. Good luck.

I'm hoping there was some sarcastic undertone to what you said and i missed it. however, if you are serious about learning to 'fly in and not fear IMC' you need to rent a 172 and do that on your own.....not take the public and figure it out. Good luck.[/quote]

The Air Force doesn't like us to fly IMC with our jets. That's what I gather from SWA/FO. I personally treat IMC like an emergency. It makes crossing the pond on a 12 hour flight hard when I only do it in clear air. I'm hoping that some day my skills are to the level of SWA/FO. I don't presonally know him, but from what I gather he's something special to the aviation community.

I'm hoping that some day my skills are to the level of SWA/FO

everyone needs goals.

You have to go through the USA Jet DA-20 training program to get those skills. It worked for three pilots at SWA I know of.

I use to think so to but it got me an interview and then a job at UPS...

I disagree with you. Air Inc helped you securing an interview. YOU earned the job my friend. They had nothing to do with that. Have a great career at UPS.

Wow, I walked in late and thought I was at a funeral. I have never seen some many dark suits. If you guys say it was 130 that fine. I thought that it looked like a lot more. The lines went pretty fast and it was a good chance to have some face time with the recruiters. I came in just as the presentations were ending layed down my 179, got in the Delta line early and talk with Jon swift for a few minutes. It seemed to me like money well spent.
Just my .02

I am in my 10th month at Alaska, and I received my interview call 2 weeks after talking to the LAX base chief pilot and Celeste Greene, pilot recruiter, at the LAX job fair last year. I also got a call from Jetblue a week after that. All this with no interviews for years.

Decide for yourself if you think it's worth it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back