Air Inc. (Air Fair, Prospects)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pandasfly

Has anyone associated with this message board or friends ever attended an Air Inc. Air Fair? If so, has anyone actually had an interview or a positive experience they can share with us!!!

Pandasfly.....:cool: :D

I attended the Air Inc. seminar ATL a few months ago. Bad points of the seminar:
$200 at the door, did not learn anything new about how to get hired, listened to a few presenters preach information that most know already.
Good points:
received two phone calls for interviews, landed one job and i start class on the 20th of september.

I think most people go for the job fair not just to listen to some crusty airline pilot tell us how good he is and how high his salary is.

Yes, received job offers from the airline formerly known as Express Airlines I (Pinnacle), Colgan Air, Shuttle America(Shuttle America might have been AEPS). Offered interviews at Chicago Express, ASA and American. Made some very good contacts with HR folks at Alaska.

Last edited:
Pandasfly,

Your total time may be a little low in relation to most of those at these job fairs. You might be wasting your money.

The airlines at the Airinc job fair I attended (last year) were looking for experienced pilots or military. I can only imagine that with all the guys on the street right now the competition will be even more intense.

Also, look at who is hiring right now, and look at their required mins. Seeing them in person is unlikely to change that.

Good luck, and I'm not putting you down or anything...ok.

good news...bad news

pandasfly,

I believe the AIR, Inc. Job Fairs are the industry's best-kept secret for landing that elusive interview. Just check out the list of airlines that attended the ATL and that will attend the DCA Job Fair (http://www.jet-jobs.com). The airlines obviously do not think it is a waste of their time.

sleepy has a point in that you are likely not marketable at this time simply because of your relative inexperience (we all have been there). I have been to 2 AIR, Inc. Job Fairs and *highly* recommend them.

I attended Job Fair #1 in May 2001 in MSP in anticipation of a CoEx interview. I met a CoEx CA at the fair who ended up being on my personal interview panel...I was hired in June '01 and promptly furloughed in September. It helps to go through some of the seminars that deal with interviewing. Only do it once, though, as AIR, Inc. does not vary the information or presentation from fair to fair.

The 2nd Job Fair was in ATL in June. The only merit the 2nd Job Fair had was the Airline Forum where you listen the the airlines describe their hiring plans, what they look for in a candidate, etc., plus you can meet recruiters and try to separate yourself from the masses (100% of the reason I attended). While the fairs cannot help someone who does not meet minimums yet, it most definitely will give marketable pilots a leg up on other pilots with similar flight times that are not attending.

My July ATL attendance led to 2 interviews (one scheduled at the fair, one soon after). I am in ACA's pool right now. For that reason it was invaluable!!;)

Good luck!

Last edited:
Air Inc, Air fair

Thank you to those who responded to my post. By the time I attend the air fair I should have over 1,200 hourse which should hopefully put me a little closer to the mins for some airlines, I just haven't updated my hours!!! Hopefully something will happen!!!

Thank You,
pandasfly

Not Exactly

1200 is not competitive for much with this group.

One reason that airlines attend here is that Kit does not charge them to be there, may even pay their hotel so they have little out of pocket expense whether they want someone or not.

He was going to charge this year but had to skip that part with the current developments.

If you are really competitive, it is worth it to meet the people face to face. In not, you are wasting your time and money. Meeting minimums today is like not doing anything. Real mins are double published. Multi turbine pic is the only thing looked at/

Sleepy and English,
In your opinion, do you feel my times are competitive enough to spend the bucks on the job fair. 2300 TT 600 ME 100 Turbine pic ? Thanks for your input.

av8br

av8br said:
Sleepy and English,
In your opinion, do you feel my times are competitive enough to spend the bucks on the job fair. 2300 TT 600 ME 100 Turbine pic ? Thanks for your input.

av8br

I'm not Sleepy or English, but in my opinion, absoultely yes. Your times, along with attendance at the job fair, would make you somewhat competitve. Go - it's probably the best $200 I ever spent last year.

Hosed Coex,
Thanks for your reply, that is the direction I am leaning. Congrats to you on aca. I sent resume there about 4 weeks ago..have not heard anything yet.

Latest resources

Back