Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
Hey guys/gals. Does anyone know someone, or have you yourself ever done Air Guard reserve Pararescue? I know there are two "special" units that are reserve. They're like the special forces of the USAF. Can anyone give me some insight in to what is like doing reserve with these units?

Hey guys/gals. Does anyone know someone, or have you yourself ever done Air Guard reserve Pararescue? I know there are two "special" units that are reserve. They're like the special forces of the USAF. Can anyone give me some insight in to what is like doing reserve with these units?
Not sure what you mean by "special". There are some ANG Special Ops units. They have a very high ops tempo, not your one weekend a month kind of job. If you are more interested give someone with the 123rd STS a call in Kentucky Air Guard. They are part of Air Force Special Ops Command which is the "special part of the Air Force", bigger and more involved than most think.

Enlisted wise:

PJ
CCT
Combat Weather
JTAC

O wise:

CCT
Combat Rescue Officer (commissioned PJ)

Am I missing any?

Portland, Oregon, also has a CCT unit. I've met some of their guys. As with just about all CCT, extremely squared away.

The units that have PJ's in the AF Reserve and Air National Guard are on Long Island (NYANG), Anchorage (AKANG), Moffet Field, CA (CAANG),
Tucson (AFRES), and Patrick AFB, FL (AFRES).

The units require you to live fairly close to their location and to be avaliable around 5-7 days per month for training and spend 3-4 months per year deployed. School may take over two years to complete and you will spend an additional 6 months to a year at the unit getting your 5 level.

The units that have PJ's in the AF Reserve and Air National Guard are on Long Island (NYANG), Anchorage (AKANG), Moffet Field, CA (CAANG),
Tucson (AFRES), and Patrick AFB, FL (AFRES).

The units require you to live fairly close to their location and to be avaliable around 5-7 days per month for training and spend 3-4 months per year deployed. School may take over two years to complete and you will spend an additional 6 months to a year at the unit getting your 5 level.

The Kentucky Air National Guard has PJ's (a full up STS in fact). 123rd STS.

Illinois ANG @ Peoria has a CCT I believe.

Latest resources

Back