Air Grand Canyon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hadhafang

Anybody have any intel on this company? I sent a resume and wondered if anyone has worked there before and what kind of a company it is. How much flying do you do in a day, what was the pay, pushy or agreeable, etc.?

Thanks

I worked there a couple of years ago. Pay was okay if you flew a lot. Housing is garbage but maybe that has changed. You do things their way, if you know what I mean. Make PIC decisions and you won't last long.

I currently live in flagstaff and one of my good friends currently works for them. It is kind of the off season right now though so he is only up at the canyon one or 2 days a week he has another job until it picks back up. There are a few guys that commute up to the canyon each day for the job which would be an option if you didnt want to live on site. I hear its a makeshift trailor if you stay up there.

But he seemed to fly a lot when it was busy 6 flights or so a day I will give him a call this afternoon to be sure.

I just recently got offered a job with them. Any insight on what to expect. I am thinking of moving to flagstaff and commuting but i don't want to make any moves untill I am sure I like it.

Best summer of my life was flying up in the canyon. You must live in the canyon or you are going to miss out! Company was okay what can you expect for a part 135. I got the feeling that they didn't like PIC safety decision types.

Best summer of my life was flying up in the canyon. You must live in the canyon or you are going to miss out! Company was okay what can you expect for a part 135. I got the feeling that they didn't like PIC safety decision types.

I agree with the above post. I flew there 9 years ago. We had a grouchy old Chief Pilot who was a great guy and taught me a lot about flying. Everyone has moved on to bigger and better places i.e, World, America West, Southwest, and a few still at the Regionals but we all agree there was nothing better than flying tours all day and chasing tourists all night :). Just watch out for the Nava Ho's

I had a great time there too. Some of the most fun flying you'll ever do. Flying single engine a/c over the canyon can be interesting at times. Typical 135 b.s. dealing with management. Met some lifelong friends that summer and saw some amazing sights. You gotta love the color of them Greenie Weenies.

Green Weenies

I didn't fly the Weenies but parked on the ramp right behind them with Grand Canyon Airlines flying Twin Otters. I suggest taking the weenies job and going over and talking to theguys at GCA. Great group of guys there. Management included. Did I just say that?

I commuted from Flagstaff for 2 years. All I have to say is don't do it. It's about 3 hrs of driving a day. Those elk will kill you. Plus I agree with everyone elses comments. The canyon is great. The summer time is packed with vacationers and lots of foreign students working for the summer.

One word to the wise though. If you have a wife and or girlfriend that you are planning on bringing with you, plan on leaving the canyon without her or him. Its like a curse, or blessing. It's a great place to be single.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys,

I guess my big question is what to do with my dog. I have a house in Phoenix but I plan on renting it out because I can't afford to spend that much and not be there. So i was thinking flag so I can have my dog with me any other suggestions??

Latest resources

Back