• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France's A380 clips Comair CRJ at JFK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just wonder how many aboard the RJ had...in spite of the seat belt sign...went from sitting un-belted ready to leap up into the aisle to doing their best Superman impression in the cabin!!!!

Interesting how the Air France crew was quick to say the Comair plane was parked "illegally"!

Looking at the video, the A380 didn't even slow up.

Both crews are going to get blamed and they are going to "Arm Chair QB" this thing to death!

I bet only one of those planes gets fixed, and the other goes to the scrap yard. The owner though (DL) may get some insurance money.

OYS

Interesting how the Air France crew was quick to say the Comair plane was parked "illegally"!

Looking at the video, the A380 didn't even slow up.

The key word there is "parked". As in it wasn't moving. Air France just bought themselves a trashed RJ. I wonder if the NY D.A.'s office will file criminal charges against the 380 crew like the French did to the Continental mechanic.

I wonder if the airport authority is not ending up being in the hot seat. As far as I remember staying on taxiway centerline guarantees you (wingtip) clearance of all obstacles. If the CRJ was indeed parked at a marked position, and the AF A380 was on centerline then it is time to take out the popcorn.

Regarding the French criminal case against CO, you do know that some "southern-style engineering" was applied to the DC-10, don't you?

Last edited:
On the NYC news, they are playing the ATC transcipts. The AF pilot is blaming the RJ for being "parked illegally".

Wasn't there, didn't see it, but, parked properly or not, the 380 was moving and if in doubt should have stopped...

********************ing Frogs passing the buck. . . . what else is new.

Good for nothing cheese eating surrender monkeys!

I wonder if the airport authority is not ending up being in the hot seat. As far as I remember staying on taxiway centerline guarantees you (wingtip) clearance of all obstacles. If the CRJ was indeed parked at a marked position, and the AF A380 was on centerline then it is time to take out the popcorn.

Regarding the French criminal case against CO, you do know that some "southern-style engineering" was applied to the DC-10, don't you?

You as the pilot are ALWAYS responsible for your aircraft. That AF captain is totally at fault.

Also, has anyone else noticed how fast that AF appears to be going?

Latest resources

Back