• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France Flight Missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Iced over probes. GMAFB, I have read a number of different ECAM warnings but not one of them were related to probe heat. Why can't we have an investigation like they used to do it back in the day. Everyone STFU, and wait until the pro's actually get a chance to analyze the facts.

probably will be the most intensely investigated aircraft accident in history. .

I predict not.

They "find debris" now they have "found nothing".

Odd? No.

They don't want to find the black box on this one. Airbus and AF both want this to be end of story. They don't want to know why a modern jet can fall apart crossing the ocean.

I predict not.

They "find debris" now they have "found nothing".

Odd? No.

They don't want to find the black box on this one. Airbus and AF both want this to be end of story. They don't want to know why a modern jet can fall apart crossing the ocean.

I don't know about AF, but you can bet Airbus secretly is praying the black boxes are never recovered.

I bet the airplane went into alternate law due to the severe upset entering the storm. It went to abnormal attitude law that does not give you protections in pitch and bank angle. This happens when the airplane gets into such an upset that the airplane thinks it entered such an unusual attitude which should not have happened. This Abnormal law is when the airplane exceeds parameters. After recovery the plane would be in Alternate law without bank or pitch protections because the airplane sees a fault, ( it should never have exceeded certain bank or pitch protections).

(Plane would not have gone to direct law with gear extension).

M

Last edited:
ACCIDENT INFORMATION TELEX - ACCIDENT INFORMATION TELEX
SUBJECT: AF447 ACCIDENT INTO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN
OUR REF: AF447 AIT 2 June 4th 2009
PREVIOUS REF:
- Ref 1: AF447 AIT 1 dated June 1st 2009

This AIT is an update of the previous AIT n°1 concerning the AF447
accident into the Atlantic ocean on June 1st, 2009.
In line with the ICAO Annex 13 recommendations, the French
investigation Board - BEA (Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses) is
leading the technical investigation, with accredited representatives
from the Brazilian Investigation Board and US NTSB, with Airbus
providing technical support.
The following data have been approved for release by the French BEA.
The route of the aircraft was crossing a tropical multicell
convective area at the time of the accident.
Failure/ maintenance messages have been transmitted automatically
from the aircraft to the airline maintenance center.
The above mentionned messages indicate that there was inconsistency
between the different measured airspeeds. Therefore and without
prejudging the final outcome of the investigation, the data available
leads Airbus to remind operators what are the applicable operational
recommendations in case of unreliable airspeed indication.
The following operational procedures are available for the Airbus
Aircraft Type :
-A300: QRH 13.01 thru 13.03, FCOM 8.05.10;
-A310: QRH 13.01 thru 13.03, FCOM 2.05.80;
-A300-600: QRH 13.01 thru 13.03, FCOM 2.05.80;
-A318/A318/A320/A321 family: QRH 2.15 thru 2.18A, FCOM 3.02.34;
-A330/A340 Family: QRH 2.21 thru 2.23B , FCOM 3.02.34;
-A380: ECAM not-sensed procedures, FCOM - Procedures / ECAM
Abnormal and Emergency Procedures / 34 Navigation.
An update on the accident data will be provided as soon as further
valuable information is approved for release by the Investigation

Exactly.

I don't know about AF, but you can bet Airbus secretly is praying the black boxes are never recovered.

France (therefore AF) has a vested interest in the success of Airbus...

Edit: Here's my opinion on the Airbus... they are easy to fly and do everything for ya except make martinis and toast, but when the feces starts hitting the fan I wouldn't want that carbon fiber plastic piece of crap strapped to my behind!

AHhhh Aluminum...my favorite material.

Last edited:
I suspect that this AC did not break-up in flight as some "Experts" are claiming. An in flight break-up would litter the ocean with Ac parts and bodies. The fact that nothing has been found leads me to believe that contact with the ocean surface was close to vertical. If this is the case, the wreckage should be clustered within a fairly compact area.
I remember back in the 80's an Iranian A-300 was blown out of the sky by a US frigate. The in flight break-up littered bodies and AC parts throughout the area. I believe this happened some were in the Persian Gulf, or the Straits of Hormuz

Last edited:
Depends how it broke up.

If the tail separated, it most likely would have come down intact, maybe losing the wing(s), but the fuselage wouldn't automatically start disintegrating with the loss of just the tail and/or the wings.

What you're talking about is an in-flight explosion. What they're talking about is a separation of the tail or the wings or both.

Point taken however, in the thin air at FL 350 at .80 mx a separation of the tail or wing would inevitably cause this ac to tumble and fragment.

The "scatter pattern" of an inflight structural break-up would be similar to an inflight explosion.
I'm no expert, just an observation.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back