Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...o-take-own-trash-in-bid-to-outdo-ryanair.html

Air France Asks Flyers to Take Out Trash in Ryanair Battle

Air France will ask passengers to clear their seats and take their trash with them when leaving the plane as the carrier seeks to cut costs and stem the advance of EasyJet Plc (EZJ) and Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYA) in its home market.

Paris-based Air France is working on the plan after cabin crew refused to assume cleaning duties at a low-cost operation it’s introducing in a push to claw back traffic at provincial airports, according to a union official involved in the talks.

Chief Executive Officer Pierre-Henri Gourgeon wants to eliminate ground-based cleaners to keep jets flying longer, emulating discount rivals and rendering hitherto-unprofitable regional hubs viable. Still, union wrangles have already forced one of four planned bases to be abandoned, even as EasyJet adds French routes and Spain’s Vueling Airlines SA (VLG) begins flights from Toulouse, one of the remaining locations.

Ryanair, the region’s No. 1 discount carrier, isn’t worried about Gourgeon’s plan and regards Air France’s strategy as “hopeless,” Chief Executive Officer Michael O’Leary said in an interview. “No flag-carrier in the history of aviation has ever succeeded in rolling out a real low-fares airline.”

Air France will only ask passengers to clean up the free newspapers they are offered at the start of the flight, spokesman Jean-Charles Trehan said. Further cleaning duties will be carried out by ground staff who re-stock the planes, he said.

Article continues...

Air France will ask passengers to clear their seats and take their trash with them when leaving the plane as
Maybe it's just the way I was raised, but I always picked up my own ****, instead of leaving my garbage behind for someone else to pick up. This includes airplanes. A pet peeve of mine is seeing empty water bottles, peanut packets, napkins, etc stuck in the seatback pocket. What?! You were too lazy to throw that stuff out when the flight attendant came by 3 times from FLxxx to ground level?

Maybe it's just the way I was raised, but I always picked up my own ****, instead of leaving my garbage behind for someone else to pick up. This includes airplanes. A pet peeve of mine is seeing empty water bottles, peanut packets, napkins, etc stuck in the seatback pocket. What?! You were too lazy to throw that stuff out when the flight attendant came by 3 times from FLxxx to ground level?

Amen....brother....amen....

Yep- have been asked on jblu, swa, amr, etc. the seat back pocket isn't a trash bag, dirt bag.

Latest resources

Back