Air Force Vision Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Todd

I'm looking at trying to get into ADAF as a pilot. According to AFI 48-123 which deals with medical requirements for new wanna be pilots if your eyes are worse that 20/70 and or -1.5 correction you can't get in. But once your are trained as a pilot, for vision anyway, all you need is 20/400 or -4.0 correction. I'm sitting at -2.75 which is out side of new pilot requirements. As I understand it the max a waver can be givin for is -3.0 for inital training but that has to come from the Chief of Staff of the Air Force. I do have my CFI CFII MEI 800hrs. Has anyone had any experience with trying to get a vision waver which is an exception to policy or known anyone who tried to get a waver?

Any info would help

Thanks

I have a student in my class right now that had 20/400 vision prior to his laser surgery. Yep, the Air Force is now allowing UPT entrants with the surgery. He is now sporting 20/15 uncorrected and is a promising student.

I have a student in my class right now that had 20/400 vision prior to his laser surgery. Yep, the Air Force is now allowing UPT entrants with the surgery. He is now sporting 20/15 uncorrected and is a promising student.

Latest resources

Back