Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

comander

f#ck kfc!
Air Force Reserve? what can you tell me?

Hello everyone once again I am asking questions here,
I was planning on joining the airforce reserve, however my main concern is what if I need to quit, not that I am planning to now ,but I have been in the military in my own country and did not like all the rules and how they own you for the period of time that you are there.
So can u just say ok I had enogh Im going out?

I am disapointed in a pilot career, I have read so many posts hear of such a dificult time to get a job and all the money we need to invest and probably take 2 long to recuperate.
Howeber if I am going to start maybe like a technological career, I would definately prefer something regarding airplanes and flying.
What do you ppl think about joining The airforce reserve and how many of you have done it.

thanks in advance and the best luck to all of you!

Last edited:
What country are you from?

my main concern is what if I need to quit, not that I am planning to now ,but I have been in the military in my own country and did not like all the rules and how they own you for the period of time that you are there

Forget it! You are a weak girlie man!!

Are you in the process of becoming a U.S. Citizen? Make this your country and perhaps you'll sheed some blood, sweat, and tears and want to serve.

comander said:

Where are the english majors when you need them? So are you asking about enlisting into the Air Force Reserves or seeking a commision in the reserves? Either way the short term answer is no, you sign on the dotted line and raise your right arm to swear an oath which commits you to a specified term of service. Enlisted soldiers are free to leave the service once their term of enlistment is complete (assuming Stop Loss is not in effect) and officers can resign their commision once they have completed initial service requirements. Personally, based on the comments in your post, you would have a hard time making a go of it in any branch of the US military (well maybe not the Coast Guard - ;) :D) but you would probably do well at the Transportation Security Administration or the Department of Homeland Security. You might also consider the merchant marines!

comander said:
I was planning on joining the airforce reserve, however my main concern is what if I need to quit, not that I am planning to now ,but I have been in the military in my own country and did not like all the rules and how they own you for the period of time that you are there.

I hope, for your sake, that the above was flame bait.

Don't do it...

comander said:

I am disapointed in a pilot career, I have read so many posts hear of such a dificult time to get a job and all the money we need to invest and probably take 2 long to recuperate.
Howeber if I am going to start maybe like a technological career, I would definately prefer something regarding airplanes and flying.
What do you ppl think about joining The airforce reserve and how many of you have done it.

thanks in advance and the best luck to all of you!

Sorry for the dose of reality, but if your at all hesitant, don't. Leave protecting the country to those men and women who are willing to die for our rights. You just don't appear to be ready to do that.

Don't be a pansy-arsed, part-time flyboy!

Go immediately to your nearest US Army recruiter's office ... storm thru the door like you own the d@mn place ... snatch the recruiter up by his collar and yell "Eleven Bravo ... and gimme SIX of it!"

You'll be glad you did.

:)

Minh
Former 1/5th Cav 1 CD
Former 1/15th Inf 3 ID

comander said:
Why don't you try the Legion Etranger...they'll get you used to the concept of following orders and from what I hear, there's just as much buddy screwing there as there is in aviation. In addition, if you don't know any French, from what I hear they'll beat it into you.

Back in the late 80's, I came pretty close to seriously considering the Legion, then I met my wife and she said, "Why don't you be pielet instead?" So, like a dumbass, I did! :D

Former 3/325 IN
Former 7th SFGA
Former 11th SFGA

I should have added ...

Former 10th SFG (FD)
(TDY Bad Tolz Candy-striper)

:)D)

Minhberg the Hun

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back