• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force Refueling and Atlas Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone work for or know anyone that works for Omega? I noticed under the 'employment inquiries' that they do not have "defined benefits" or "monthly guarantee of work." I'm wondering if this would be decent side job for a regional/guard type on the days off.

I was able to confirm (kind of) that almost all of the pilots are ex KC-135. Most of these guys are retired from the real world and are doing this because they want to, not because they need the money. And when I say ex KC-135, we're talking former SAC guys, not people that necessarily retired in the past 5 years. In short, some old guys that said "we can fly tankers again? sweet!" The one problem that will prevent most civilian guys from getting hired is you are required to have a B707 type before being hired. Good luck with that one. This info may or may not be correct, so don't hold me to it. Just what came through the grape vine on my end.

Last edited:
I think we may need to revamp the duty/rest rules if we're going to even look at this endeavor.

Ahhh... I see it now. Take off with max cargo, light on fuel and then schedule a tanker to fill up so that you can make the trip with more cargo.

That would have a significant impact on the long haul routes. This will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Take off with max cargo, light on fuel and then schedule a tanker to fill up so that you can make the trip with more cargo.
No kidding, how would that reclear flight plan work?

Latest resources

Back