Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyprdu

You Want This, Don't You.
To all those who have been picked up by the Air Force, AF Reserve, or other branches that might wind their way through Maxwell...

I've been hearing nasty rumors about terrible waiting lists due to massive OTS Class cutbacks. Is this a reality?

What's the average waiting period from the moment you get your letter to the point of class? Does age play a role in how soon ya go?

Nothing concrete but when I got out in Aug "they" were talking ofcutting 25000-35000 from active duty...also BTW rumor was no more pilotbonus because they had more pilots than they needed...BS in my opinionbut who knows

AF reserves

My stuff went to the bored last september, and i'm being told that my OTS date is April 5th of this year. I haven't gotten my orders yet, but we'll see. Age does play a huge role though. Because of the age cut-off for UPT I guess.

CFIIer said:
My stuff went to the bored last september, and i'm being told that my OTS date is April 5th of this year. I haven't gotten my orders yet, but we'll see. Age does play a huge role though. Because of the age cut-off for UPT I guess.

Welcome to the Military....Just stay on top of it, call everyday if you have to.

Nice avatar.

I went to the Reserve Board this last September as well. I am in the March 1 OTS class, it is exactly the date as the projected date from the Board. I am off to Brooks in June and UPT in July.

P.S. Your actual "training timeline/location" will be available 4-6 weeks prior to your projected OTS date.

Latest resources

Back