• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force: B-52 crash caused by equipment position

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... The one before was brought down by an idiot and before that there have been the low level incident, the one where the aft tank blew up (not an H model).....

Fair enough Hindsight with regard to your response to my post. I just read your post and focused on your parenthetical statement (see quote excerpt above) and interpreted it differently and just wanted to set the record straight since I had first-hand experience with that mishap.

It sounds like you're doing your research and making sure you have the best information possible in order to perform your job better and keep your crewmembers as safe as possible when you all strap on that big beast to your backs.

While its' been almost 20 years since my last flight in the BUFF I can still remember having those same concerns as a young aircraft commander in what I thought was an old, tired weapons system at the time, but one that had a tremendous track record of accomplishment (and came with a -11 with over 35 changes to it that were often added because of the blood spilt by some unfortunate crewmember(s) that came before me and my peers).

My hat's off to you and everyone else who still carry on in flying and maintaining the B-52Hs today and which are fast approaching 50 years of age.

SB

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back