Air Fares - Going Up Or Down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

seattle

We're in the process of booking a flight for Thanksgiving. Looking for round trip SEA to the New York area - family of 4. In your opinion, are fares going to go up or down from here on out? And why? Just curious.

Seattle

Uh, this board is moslty populated by pilots, and I don't think many of us have any idea about fares. I personally have not paid for an airline ticket in over ten years, and I never ask the passengers what they are paying. I guess you would have to speak to a travel agent or perhaps an airline reservation agent this type of question.

I think it's kinda funny when a friend who is not in the industry tells me they have a question that only a pilot could answer, and it turns out to be something like this. I never get asked what it takes to get the job, or how an airplane flies, things that I actually know and live every day. I'm not trying to evade your question, but it looks like nobody answered it, so I thought I might tell you why that is. Perhaps someday when you are an airline pilot, if you decide to go that way, you will think it's funny too. Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back