Air Desert Pacific

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAflyer

Anybody know anything about this operation outside of LAX.

AAflyer

It's a rating mill. I did my CFII and MEI there way back in the day. I have know many people that have done it.

Thanks,

Would you recommend it? I have a friend I am mentoring. I have explained what rating mills are, and have alos encouraged him to study often on his own regardless of which direction he chooses. However he has expressed his limited cash position.

I looked at the website, for a rating mill it looked well setup and price reasonable.

Any negative comments would be appreciated. If so PM me without bashing the school in public. All info to me will be confidential.

Thanks
AA

I'd looked into doing a multi rating with them about 7-8 years ago. In asking around the airfield a lot of people had bad things to say about the MX at ADP in POC.

A few years ago when I was working on my instructor ratings I ran into an instructor who had previously been at ADP. When I mentioned past findings, he confirmed them and suggested to stay far away.

Other CFIs in the Los Angeles basin, and I was one of those, refered to ADP as "Another Dead Pilot". Most of their reputable instructors left when an opportunity presented itself.

I would suggest a flight school at Chino, El Monte, or Van Nuys, or a different school in Pomona.

Do a search on the NTSB website for "Air Desert Pacific". Read what you find then make your own conclusions.

Latest resources

Back