• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Defense Capability - Iran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know what there capabilities are.. But in another life I did a lot of flying in that arena with a US flag carrier.. We would enter Iranian airspace in eastern Turkey and fly down the western boarder and exit in the gulf...
You have to call Tehran Air Defense radar for entry into the airspace 10 mins prior... So there you are, calling and calling no reply.. Right up to the boarder, finally in the blind on there freq, announce your holding intentions and a miracle would happen... Now they hear you and clear you in... In my opinion they were baiting us to see if we would enter w/out a clearance... Force us down and create an incident... Just my .02

Whatever. I would not mess with the Tomcat regardless of who is flying it.

Listen to Draginass... those in the know would be racing to be first to the merge in order to paint a Turkey on the side of their jet.

6.5 G's, AOA sensitive motors, and a green Iranian make a great combination for some good HUD footage.

Iran flies the F-14 Tomcat. With it radar it can shoot down just about anything outside of 100 NM. I'd would think they are a very serious threat to just about anything including the Falcon and Raptor.

Now come on, its the FIGHTING FALCON, not just the non-fighting Falcon business jet. Our f-16 pilots deserve better than to be labeled Dassaultcorporate jet pilots, so never use the term Falcon or F-16 without the full Fighting Falcon name too.

:) :)

Of course some of the equipment Iran likes to crow about having, may even be out on ranges out west.

instructordude, tell us how much better the F-14 is than the Mig-28.

Well, I think we all know that the -28 has problems with it's inverted flight tanks............. so we've got that going for us....... which is nice. :nuts:

Well, I think we all know that the -28 has problems with it's inverted flight tanks............. so we've got that going for us....... which is nice. :nuts:

so could it or could it not, do a 4g negative dive? plus how hard is it to fly the mig-28 with that little joystick thing they have?

Latest resources

Back