Air Classic Cargo/DHL question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JD2003

Does anybody know anything about Air Classic Cargo Beech 18's. I have seen them in Fort Myers and someone told me they were operated by DHL. Can anybody confirm this...does anybody have any information about their hiring mins and so forth.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

regards

JD

Based in MCO, a couple of BE-18's.

They had an advertisement on the Trade a Plane a few weeks back.

No Flow thru

"Yeah, I heard too that they were operated by DHL and that the pilots "flow thru" to mainline DHL after a few years. That would be cool to fly a Beech 18 and then go to an A300, 727 or DC8."

Bogus info. No agreement between the two.

No flow through at the feeders either, although some have made the jump to FedEx.

I fly with a guy that was a navy Orion captain, has three masters degrees and a brother that is at FedEx as a pilot. He's having a hell of time getting in over at the big guys.

Does anybody know anything about Air Classic Cargo Beech 18's. I have seen them in Fort Myers and someone told me they were operated by DHL. Can anybody confirm this...does anybody have any information about their hiring mins and so forth.
The guy that owns Air Classic Cargo is a nutcase! He's a former actor from the 70's that has these 3 beech 18's. It is NOT a "flow-thru" or anything with DHL. He pays his pilot exactly $100/day as an independent contractor. For the guy that flys to FMY, he's on layover for 12 HOURS! Mon-Fri. When I was there...he was having an ex-marine/mechanic fly the run and was rebuilding magnetos in the doghouse every day.

I about went to work for him a while back.

Flew one of the airplanes for a few days.

I didnt know he was an actor, he is definetely a character though.

As far as a nutcase, I think we all can be considered that being in this business.

Latest resources

Back